Nanshan Temple (Sanya)
Nanshan Temple (Chinese: 南山寺; pinyin: Nánshānsì; literally "South mountain temple") is a Buddhist temple located in Sanya, Hainan province, People's Republic China. The temple's name originates from a popular Buddhist expression. (Chinese: 福如东海, 寿比南山; literally "Good forture is much as the East Sea; longevity is high as Nanshan").
It's located just 40 kilometers west of Sanya City along the Hainan West Expressway. It is a window on China's traditional Buddhism culture.
The Nanshan Cultural Park highlights China's diverse social customs. The key feature of the zone is the three sided statue of Guan Yin Buddha（海上观音 Haǐ shàng guān yīn）, Buddhist Temples, spectacular landscape and sea views. The zone has been designated a Priority Project of China Tourism Development and earmarked for further development. Recently completed, the bronze statue of Guan Yin Buddha stands 108 meters tall on a man made island in the sea just off Nanshan. It's larger than the statue of liberty.
Nanshan, with its harmony and beauty, is now a tourist destination attracting more and more tourists coming from all over the world. It is here that people can enjoy themselves not only in the great tropical ecological environment with sunshine, sea, sand, blossom and greenery but also can feel with heart deep within the real beauty of peace and harmony of Buddhism culture and terse the joyfulness of returning to the nature.
- "Nanshan Temple in Sanya". cultural-china.com.
- "Nanshan Temple".
- "三亚南山将敲响祖国最南端的2011年吉祥钟声". 163.com, NetEase. 2010-12-21.
- "Sanya Nanshan Cultural Park & the 108M Guanyin Statue". whatsonsanya.com. 2010-06-29.
- "AAAAA Scenic Areas". China National Tourism Administration. 16 November 2008. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- http://baike.baidu.com/view/60136.htm "The 108M Guanyin Statue".
- http://baike.baidu.com/view/7005.htm "Sanya Nanshan Cultural Park".
|This People's Republic of China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language