May 3, 1984 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Nam Sang-mi|
Nam Sang-mi was working in a fast food restaurant near Hanyang University, Seoul in the fall of 2001 when someone posted her personal photos on the internet. Her popularity as an ulzzang led to her discovery as an actress. She made her debut in the 2003 MBC drama Love Letter, and began her acting career by taking small roles in movies, TV dramas, and commercials. Her first leading role came in the 2005 drama Sweet Spy.
Regarding her horror film Possessed, Nam said of the role, “The moment I read the script, I wanted this part badly. After such a long time away from films, it excited me, and I can show a completely different side than I’ve shown in dramas.”
In 2008 Cyworld featured a "Nam Sang-mi font" based on her handwriting. It was used on that internet portal and for mobile phones, eventually expanding later that year to other online services.
- Goddess of Marriage (SBS, 2013)
- Drama Special: Like a Miracle (KBS2, 2012)
- Lights and Shadows (MBC, 2011)
- Life is Beautiful (SBS, 2010)
- Invincible Lee Pyung Kang (KBS2, 2009)
- Gourmet (SBS, 2008)
- Time Between Dog and Wolf (MBC, 2007)
- Bad Family (SBS, 2006)
- Drama City: Freesias, Teddy Bears, Hot Chocolate and... (KBS2, 2005)
- Sweet Spy (MBC, 2005)
- My Sweetheart, My Darling (KBS1, 2005)
- Not Alone (SBS, 2004)
- Escape from Unemployment (SBS, 2004)
- Love Letter (MBC, 2003)
- The Peach Tree (2012)
- You (short film, 2010)
- Possessed (2009)
- Never to Lose (2005)
- She's On Duty (2005)
- Dead Friend (2004)
- Spy Girl (2004)
- Too Beautiful to Lie (2004)
- SBS Live TV Entertainment - MC (2006)
- "Nam Sang-mi introduces her "peculiar" method of acting training". KBS Global. 7 February 2005.
- Hong, Lucia (13 October 2011). "Actress Nam Sang-mi cast as female lead in Ahn Jae-wook series". 10Asia.
- "‘Faith’ ups the fear factor". Korea JoongAng Daily. 16 July 2009.
- "Ku Hye-sun Returns to Director's Chair". The Chosun Ilbo. 19 February 2011.
- "Stars of Popular Soap Fall in Love". The Chosun Ilbo. 1 June 2011.
- Kim, Jessica (1 June 2011). "Nam Sang-mi reveals she is dating Lee Sang-yun". 10Asia.
- Lee, Woo-young (2 June 2011). "Two celebrity couples go public with relationships". The Korea Herald.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (26 October 2012). "Nam Sang Mi Receives Flowers from Boyfriend Lee Sang Yoon at Movie Screening". enewsWorld.
- Lee, Tae-ho (8 January 2013). "Lee Sang-yoon and Nam Sang-mi Break Up". 10Asia.
- Sunwoo, Carla (9 January 2013). "Lee Sang-yoon, Nam Sang-mi split". Korea JoongAng Daily.