Monroe County Transit Authority
|Headquarters||1 MCTA Drive
|Service area||Monroe County, Pennsylvania|
|Service type||Bus, Paratransit|
|Fleet||19 Fixed Route, 42 Paratransit|
|Fuel type||Diesel, Gas, Hybrid Diesel|
The Monroe County Transit Authority, known as the Pocono Pony, is a public transportation service located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. It provides rural and inter-city fixed route bus and paratransit service within the county. MCTA is funded in part by PennDOT, the Federal Transit Administration, local match and farebox revenue.
MCTA had over 450,000 riders in 2011 on both the fixed route bus and paratransit programs.
- Blue Route- Tobyhanna/Mount Pocono/Tannersville to Stroudsburg
- Orange Route- Effort/Brodheadsville/Snydersville to Bartonsville
- Red Route- Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg University
- Yellow Route- Delaware Water Gap/Marshalls Creek to Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg
- Tobyhanna Express - Tobyhanna Army Debot to Stroudsburg/East Stroudsburg
The Monroe County Transit Authority schedule can be found via Google Transit.
|This bus-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|