|Date||11th / 12th century|
|Now at||Berlin State Library|
|Size||24 cm by 19 cm|
Minuscule 655 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 177 (von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. The manuscript has complex contents.Scrivener labelled it by 635e.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels, on 324 parchment leaves (size 24 cm by 19 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 23 lines per page. It contains the Epistula ad Carpianum, the Eusebian tables, Prolegomena, lists of the κεφαλαια (before every Gospel). The text is divided according to the numbered κεφαλαια (chapters), with their τιτλοι (titles) at the top, and according to the Ammonian Sections (in Mark 241 Sections – the last in 16:19), with references to the Eusebian Canons. It contains also the Harmony at the foot, subscriptions at the end of books, stichoi, and pictures of Evangelists. It contains some notes of Clemens of Alexandria and John Chrysostom.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it as K1, which according to him represents the earliest stage of the Byzantine text. Kurt Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Wisse's Profile Method it has mixed the Byzantine text in Luke 1 and Luke 10, and Kx text in Luke 20.
The texts of the Christ's agony (Luke 22:43-44), John 5:3-4, and the Pericope Adulterae (John 7:53-8:11) are marked with an obelus. It means the authenticity of these texts were doubtful for the scribe.
The manuscript was not cited in the editions of the Novum Testamentum Graece (UBS3/UBS4, NA26/NA27).
See also↑Jump back a section
- Hermann von Soden. "Die Schriften des Neuen Testaments, in ihrer ältesten erreichbaren Textgestalt hergestellt auf Grund ihrer Textgeschichte". Berlin 1902–1910, p. 144.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 71.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 86.
- Handschriftenliste at the Münster Institute
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 264.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments, Vol. 1. Leipzig. p. 209.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 64. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.