|Now at||Trinity College|
|Size||31.8 cm by 24 cm|
Minuscule 63 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), A 118 (von Soden), formerly known as Ussher 1, is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 10th century. It has marginalia.
The codex contains almost complete text of the four Gospels on 237 parchment leaves (size 31.8 cm by 24 cm) with only one small lacunae. The text is written in one column per page, 18-24 lines per page. The initial letters are written in red. It contains commentaries written in 48-52 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the numbers of the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections (Matt 355; Mark 234; Luke 342; John 241), whose numbers are given at the margin, with references to Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
A few extracts were contributed by Henry Dodwell, just like 64, to Bishop Fell's New Testament of 1675. It was examined by Richard Bulkeley for Mill, Dobbin (in 1855), and John Twycrosse (1858).C. R. Gregory saw it in 1883.
See also↑Jump back a section
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 50.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 50.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 143.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. pp. 200–201.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 54. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Kurt Aland, "Synopsis Quattuor Evangeliorum. Locis parallelis evangeliorum apocryphorum et patrum adhibitis edidit", Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart 1996, p. XXVII.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language