Koplus is the author of Cosmic numbers (Estonian: Kosmilised numbrid), a bestselling 1993 book of numerology and among the first books on the subject published in Estonia after the end of the Soviet occupation in 1991.
Koplus has been connected to an affair of sale of prescriptions for Subutex, a psychotropic medicine used for replacement treatment of certain drug addictions, and was on in 2006 fined twice for violations of prescription issuance rules by Estonian Office of Healthcare. Koplus has denied the charges, claiming that contrary to the fining orders, she duly processed each patient whom she prescribed Subutex.
In connection with the affair, Estonian Medical Association cancelled membership of Rostislav Vassiljev and Milvi Koplus in 2007. This was the first case of the association cancelling membership for ethical issues.
- Õhtuleht 6 July 2007: Milvi Koplus: Ravimiafääri kohta avaldatu on laim
- Website of Estonian Office of Healthcare: http://www.tervishoiuamet.ee/public/files/Vaarteod2006.pdf
- Eesti Päevaleht 15 March 2007 07:06: Eesti pättarstid toidavad Soome narkoturgu, edited by Haldi Ellam
- Õhtuleht 19 April 2007: Arstide liit lõi kahele tohtrile sule sappa by Eve Heinla
- Naiste Maailm: Numeroloog by Margo Vaino
|This Estonian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|