|Look up ma in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
MA or Ma may refer to:
- Master's degree, an advanced academic degree granted to individuals who have undergone study demonstrating a mastery or high-order overview of a specific field of study or area of professional practice.
- Master of Arts (MA), a degree at the English-speaking universities; someone admitted to this degree
- For the degree at Oxford, Cambridge, or Dublin, please see Master of Arts (Oxbridge and Dublin). For that at certain of the Scottish universities, please see Master of Arts (Scotland). For the degree at other universities, please see Master of Arts (postgraduate)
In science and technology
- mya (unit), sometimes written as Ma, means "millions of years ago" or megaannum.
- .ma, the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Morocco
- Mach number (Ma), a measure of speed compared to the speed of sound
- Megaannum (Ma), one million (1,000,000) years
- Mechanical advantage (MA), mechanical multiplier of input force
- Mechanical alloying (MA), a technique to produce alloys.
- Medical assistant (MA), a type of health care worker
- Methyl anthranilate (MA), a bird repellent
- Milliampere (mA) and Mega-ampere or Megampere (MA), multiples of Ampere, a unit of electrical current
- Moving average model (MA(q)), statistics
- MA (complexity), a set of decision problems that can be decided by an Arthur–Merlin protocol
- Martin's axiom, an axiom in mathematical logic
- a type of interface (Ma) in an IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Minor actinides (MA), the actinide elements in used nuclear fuel other than uranium and plutonium
- MA - Massachusetts
- Ma River, river in Asia, running through Vietnam and Laos
- Madagascar (MA), FIPS 10-4 country code
- Maranhão (BR-MA), part of the ISO 3166-2:BR geocode for the Brazilian state
- Massachusetts (MA), United States postal abbreviation for the state
- Meshwesh (Ma), an ancient Libyan (i.e., Berber) tribe from Cyrenaica
- Metropolitan area (MA), a qualifying term, e.g. "Tokyo MA"
- Morocco (MA), ISO 3166 country code
- Ma, the mythohistoric entrepreneur for whom, tradition holds, Marang, Terengganu was denoted
In myth and culture
In the humanities↑Jump back a section
- Ma (surname), a common Chinese family name
- "MA15+", an Australian film and video game classification meaning "Not suitable for under 15s"
- Mature audience is a U.S. television rating system category abbreviated as TV-MA
- Memory Alpha (MA), a Star Trek-oriented wiki
- Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (MA), a website devoted to heavy metal bands
- Maria (Mª or Ma.), according to Spanish naming customs
- Massive Attack, a British trip hop band
- Ma (negative space), a word of Japanese origin used in art and design
- Methamphetamine, a psychostimulant
- Mother, "Ma" used as a synonym
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA), a group recovery program aimed at marijuana addiction
- Martial arts (MA), only used in combining forms such as MMA or MCMAP
- Malév Hungarian Airlines (MA), IATA airline designator
- MasterCard, NYSE stock symbol
- Marvellous attack, a term used in StepMania game, it means to get only Marvellous (the highest) rankings for each step
- Motorcycling Australia
- Ma (album), a 1973 album by Rare Earth
- Miss America, a beauty pageant, also the title itself
- Orange Movement (Movimento Arancione), an Italian political party
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.