Ljubojević in 2010
|Full name||Љубомир Љубојевић|
2 November 1950 |
Titovo Užice, Yugoslavia
|FIDE rating||2571 (May 2013)|
|Peak rating||2645 (January 1983)|
Ljubomir Ljubojević (Serbian Cyrillic: Љубомир Љубојевић) is a Grandmaster of chess. He was born on 2 November 1950 in Titovo Užice, Yugoslavia (now Užice, Serbia). Ljubojević was awarded the International Master (IM) title in 1970 and the GM title in 1971. He was Yugoslav champion in 1977 (jointly) and 1982. He won the 1974 Canadian Open Chess Championship. In 1983 he was ranked third in the Elo rating list, but he never succeeded in reaching the Candidates Tournament stage of the World Championship.
He played for Yugoslavia in twelve Chess Olympiads, nine times on top board, with an overall result of 63.5% (+66 −22 =75). He won an individual gold medal on third board at Skopje 1972 and three bronze medals (one individual and two team).
Ljubojević tied for first place with Robert Hübner at Linares 1985. He has defeated almost every top Grandmaster active during his career, including world champions Garry Kasparov and Anatoly Karpov. He plays for Serbia, but is currently living in Spain.
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Ulf Andersson, Wijk aan Zee 1976, Sicilian Defense: Paulsen, Bastrikov Variation (B47), 1-0
- Bent Larsen vs Ljubomir Ljubojevic, Milano 1975, Benoni Defense: Classical Variation, Czerniak Defense (A77), 0–1
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Viktor Korchnoi, Linares 1985, French Defense: Winawer, Poisoned Pawn Variation (C18), 1-0
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Anthony Miles, Bugojno 1986, English Opening: General (A10), 1–0
- Gaige, Jeremy (1987). Chess Personalia: A Bioblibliography. McFarland. p. 253.
- "All Time Rankings". Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- OlimpBase Men's Chess Olympiads Ljubomir Ljubojević. Olimpbase.org. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Linares 1985. Chessgames.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Garry Kasparov (1987). Chessgames.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Anatoli Karpov (1982). Chessgames.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Anatoli Karpov (1986). Chessgames.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Ljubomir Ljubojevic vs Anatoli Karpov (1991). Chessgames.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Reggio Emilia 1985–86. Ippogrifoscacchi.it. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Reggio Emilia 1990–91. Ippogrifoscacchi.it. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ljubomir Ljubojević|
|This biographical article relating to a Serbian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|