List of left-wing publications in the United Kingdom
- The Morning Star - now connected to the Communist Party of Britain, formerly the Daily Worker.
- News Line - from the Workers Revolutionary Party.
- New Statesman - independent
- The New Worker - from the New Communist Party.
- The Socialist - from the Socialist Party.
- Socialist Worker - from the Socialist Workers Party.
- Tribune - Labour movement newspaper, with Labour Party connections
- The Weekly Worker - published by the Communist Party of Great Britain (PCC).
- Freedom - from Freedom Press.
- Scottish Socialist Voice - from the Scottish Socialist Party.
- Solidarity - from the Alliance for Workers' Liberty.
- An Phoblacht - from Sinn Féin
- The Catalyst - from the Solidarity Federation.
- Fight Racism, Fight Imperialism - from the Revolutionary Communist Group.
- Labour Left Briefing - produced by Labour Party members.
- New Internationalist - independent
- Peace News - independent
- Resistance - from the Anarchist Federation.
- Revolution - from the British section of Revolution
- Socialist Appeal - from the British section of the International Marxist Tendency
- Socialist Campaign Group News - connected with the Socialist Campaign Group of the Labour Party.
- Socialist Review - from the Socialist Workers Party.
- Socialist Standard - from the Socialist Party of Great Britain.
- Socialism Today - from the Socialist Party.
- Workers Power - from Workers' Power.
Workers Hammer (Newspaper) Spartacist League UK
- "Gagged!" - from the South Wales Anarchists.
- World Revolution - from the International Communist Current
- Anticipations - the Young Fabians' journal
- Chartist - connected to the Labour Party.
- Class Struggle - from Workers Fight.
- The Fargate Speaker - from the Sheffield group of the Anarchist Federation.
- Hereford Heckler - independent anarchist paper with local news and views from Herefordshire.
- Lalkar - formerly the journal of the Indian Workers' Association, now independent, but sympathetic to the CPGB(ML).
- New Left Review - independent
- Proletarian - from the Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist).
- Red Pepper - independent, appeared monthly from 1994, relaunched as a bi-monthly in 2007
- Scottish Left Review - independent
- Socialist News - from the Socialist Labour Party .
- Socialist Resistance - from the International Socialist Group and Socialist Solidarity Network.
- Ceasefire Magazine - Independent publication
- Communist Review - from the Communist Party of Britain.
- Direct Action - from the Solidarity Federation.
- Fifth International - from the League for the Fifth International.
- International Communist Forum - from Workers Fight.
- International Socialism - from the Socialist Workers Party.
- Marxist International Review - from the International Marxist Tendency.
- Revolutionary Perspectives - from the Communist Workers Organisation.
- Socialist Studies (1989).
- Socialist Studies - from the United Socialist Party
- Socialist Youth Magazine of International Socialist Resistance (socialist youth organisation ISR)
- Workers Hammer - from the Spartacist League.
Less frequent publications
- Black Flag (newspaper) - independent anarchist (twice a year).
- Capital & Class - from the Conference of Socialist Economists (three times a year).
- Critique (Journal of Socialist Theory) - independent (three times a year).
- Emancipation and Liberation - from the Republican Communist Network (three times a year).
- Frontline - associated with the Scottish Socialist Party (three times a year).
- Organise! - from the Anarchist Federation.
- Revolutionary History - independent (twice a year).
- World Revolution - from World Revolution (three times a year).
- Workers Action - independent (twice a year).
Unknown or irregular frequency
- Ceasefire (Quarterly)
- Challenge - from the Young Communist League.
- Economic and Philosophic Science Review - formerly the journal of the International Leninist Workers Party, now independent.
- Fightback - from Communist Forum.
- Radical Philosophy
- Red Flag - from the Revolutionary Workers Party (Trotskyist).
- Socialist Action - from Socialist Action.
- Workers - from the Communist Party of Britain (Marxist-Leninist).
- Bread & Roses - from the Industrial Workers of the World (Wobblies)
- Student Socialist - from Socialist Students
- What Next Journal
- The Whinger
- Workers' Weekly - from the Revolutionary Communist Party of Britain (Marxist-Leninist).
- The Bee-Hive - initially from the London Trades Council, then independent (1861-72).
- The Call - official organ of the British Socialist Party, terminated 1920 with establishment of The Communist.
- Clarion - independent (1891-1931).
- The Communist - publication of the Communist Party of Great Britain from 1920 until replaced by The Workers' Weekly early in 1923.
- Justice - from the Social Democratic Federation, British Socialist Party and then National Socialist Party (1884-1933).
- Labour Herald - independent (1981-85).
- Labour Leader - independent until acquired by the Independent Labour Party (1887-1986).
- Labour Standard - from the London Trades Council (1881-85).
- Labour Weekly official Labour Party newspaper which was closed in 1988.
- Militant - from the Militant tendency and (later) Militant Labour (1964-97).
- News on Sunday - independent.
- Reynolds News - independent until acquired by the Co-operative Press (1850-1967).
- The Socialist - from the Socialist Labour Party (1903-?).
- Socialist Commentary - from the Socialist Vanguard Group (1934-78).
- Socialist Organiser - from the Socialist Organiser Alliance.
- Soviet Weekly - from the Novosti Press Agency (1942-91)
- Class Struggle - from the Revolutionary Communist League of Britain (1973-1987).
- Militant International Review - from the Militant tendency.
- Workers Liberty - from the Alliance for Workers Liberty.
- Marxism Today - from the Communist Party of Great Britain.
- New Times - Democratic Left
Unknown or irregular frequency
Last modified on 11 April 2013, at 04:04