|Full name||Leroy Martin Giovanni George|
|Date of birth||21 April 1987|
|Place of birth||Paramaribo, Suriname|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Current club||free agent|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Leroy Martin Giovanni George (born 21 April 1987) is a Dutch footballer of Surinamese descent, who plays as a winger. He is currently without a club. His natural position is as a right forward or right winger, but he has also proven to be useful on the left wing and as a striker while at FC Utrecht and NEC.
He made his debut for the senior side on 13 April 2007, in an away-match against Sparta Rotterdam, ending 1–1. He replaced Etienne Shew-Atjon in the beginning of the second half, and scored a debut goal in the 68th minute, sealing the draw. He played two more matches this season.
The following year, George had established himself into the starting lineup; he only missed one match because of a suspension, and scored seven times that season. At the end of the season, it was announced that he had signed a contract extension with Utrecht, keeping him in the Domstad until mid-2011, despite of some problems with his agent. The forward started the 2008–09 season well, but because of growing problems with his physical shape, he lost his place in the starting eleven after a couple of weeks. After showing an unmotivated behavior, he was sent back to the reserve squad by manager Willem van Hanegem. A week later his behavior had improved, and he was forgiven and put back on the first team, and since then he played a majority of the games.
After the 2008–09 season, he lost track and almost never played anymore. In the 2009–10 season he only played eight matches, and after the season was over, he was told that he was not needed anymore at the club, and thus put on the transfer list.
On 20 July 2010, it was published that George had signed a one-year deal with NEC The club put an option in his contract to extend his contract with two more seasons if he lives up to the expectations of the club. In the second round of the 2010–11 Eredivisie season, George was awarded as the best player of the round, after having two assists in an away-match against Willem II. The match ended in a 3–5 victory for NEC.
Having been born in Paramaribo in Suriname, George is eligible to play for the Surinamese national team. He was called up for an unofficial tournament in 2009.
- "Statistieken van Leroy George" [Statistics of Leroy George]. Ronald Zwiers (in Dutch). 2 May 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "FC Utrecht laat zich niet piepelen door George" [FC Utrecht will not be wrenched around with by George]. Voetbal International (in Dutch). 18 December 2007. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "FC Utrecht gaat langer door met George en Van Loen" [FC Utrecht keeps George and Van Loen for longer]. Voetbal International (in Dutch). 14 March 2008. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "'Ongemotiveerde George teruggezet naar belofteteam'" ['Onmotivated George' put back on reserve team]. Voetbal International (in Dutch). 14 November 2008. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "FC Utrecht heeft geen plek meer voor George en Van der Kooij" [FC Utrecht has no room left for George and Van der Kooij]. Voetbalzone.nl (in Dutch). 14 May 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "NEC geeft George kans zich te revancheren" [NEC gives George the opportunity to revenge himself]. Voetbal International (in Dutch). 20 July 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Leroy George heeft nooit getwijfeld aan zichzelf" [George has never doubted in himself]. Voetbal International (in Dutch). 16 August 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.