Education and experience
Martin received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Oregon State University and an Masters of Business Administration from the University of Connecticut. After graduation, she was a financial analyst at GE Capital. She worked briefly with consumer products but was assigned to their real estate group.
After leaving GE in 1987, Martin joined Heller Financial, rising to President of the Real Estate Finance Division. In 1995, she reluctantly agreed to become the corporate CFO, where she assisted with their Initial public offering in 1998. The company was subsequently purchased by General Electric Capital Corp. for $5.3 billion in 2001. Martin was then hired as CFO at Jones Lang LaSalle, her present position.
In addition to being a director at Jones Lang LaSalle, Martin is on the board of REIT-HCP, Inc. and Kaiser Aluminum; and was on the KeyCorp board from 2004 until 2010 and on the Gables Residential Trust board from 1994 to 2005.
- [dead link]
- "Lauralee Martin - Forbes". People.forbes.com. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- Hanson, Cynthia:  Chicago Business, May 7, 2007, "Lauralee Martin"
-  Reuters, April 24, 2008, "HCP Announces Election of Lauralee Martin to Board of Directors"
- "Lauralee Martin.ppt" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Learn about CFO Conferences". Cfoconferences.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Statement on Energy Efficiency". Energyfuturecoalition.org. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Movers and Shakers: Real Estate". The Glass Hammer. 2008-09-18. Retrieved 2012-10-21.