Lasairfhíona (Irish name)
Lasairfhíona is an Irish language female given name. The name means 'flame wine' or 'wine made from flames' as it derives from the Irish words 'Lasair' meaning flame and 'fhiona' meaning wine. The 'fh' is silent as always in Irish and spelling variations of this name also include Lasairíona.
Bearers of the name
Some eleven bearers of the name are found in the extant Irish annals. The earliest example is found under the year 1239 in the Annals of Connacht. It continues to be used today, such as by the singer Lasairfhíona, and in variants such as Fiona and Nuala.
- Lasairfhíona Ní Conchobair, Princess of Connacht, bef. 1224-diec 1282.
- Lasairfhíona Uí Ferghail, died 1363.
- Lasarfhíona Ní Conchobair, died 1381.
- Lasairfhíona Uí Duibhgennáin, died 1381.
- Lasarfína Ní Conchobair, died 1418.
- Lasairfhíona, Irish-language singer/songwriter, born 1986.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|