Kristu Jayanti College
|Kristu Jayanti College|
|Bangalore, Karnataka, 560 077, INDIA|
|Principal||Fr. Sebastian Thekkedathu.|
Kristu Jayanti College, founded in 1999, is run by "BODHI NIKETAN TRUST", formed by the members of St. Joseph Province of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI). This congregation is an embodiment of the dream and vision of Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, a nineteenth century educationist and social reformer in India. The college owes its inspiration to the mission and charisma of Blessed Chavara. The college is affiliated to Bangalore University and is accredited with highest grade 'A' by National Assessment and Accreditation Council - NAAC. The college is recognized by UGC under the category 2(f). The college is rated as the one of the best colleges in India and one among the top 10 commerce colleges in Bangalore by India Today - Neilsen survey 2010 & 2011.
The institution strives to fulfill its mission to provide educational opportunities to all aspiring youth to excel in life by developing academic excellence, fostering values, creating civic responsibility and building global competencies in a dynamic environment.
'Light and Prosperity’: To provide intellectual and moral leadership by igniting the minds of youth to realize their potential and make positive contributions leading to prosperity of the society and the nation at large.
'Kristu Jayanti College strives to provide educational opportunities to all aspiring youth to excel in life by nurturing academic excellence, fostering values, creating civic responsibility and building global competencies in a dynamic environment.’
- To provide a nurturing and trusting environment to learn and grow.
- To ensure that the youth get adequate opportunities to identify and develop their skills.
- To prepare the individual for employment and advancement in their chosen career.
- To mould individuals into integrated personalities who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, physically strong and socially sensitive.
- To develop a lifelong desire in individuals to learn and to create a positive change in the society and contribute to the economic development of the nation.
- Principal - Fr. Sebastian Thekkedathu
- Financial Administrator, H.O.D MSW - Fr. Jose P.J.
- Director, International Affairs, H.O.D. Computer Science - Fr. Augustine George
- B.B.M. (Bachelor of Business Management)
- B.Com. with elective: Computer Science
- B.S. (integrated Bachelor of Science)
- B.Sc. CSMS (Computer Science, Mathematics & Statistics)
- B.Sc. CSME (Computer Science, Mathematics & Electronics)
- B.Sc. (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Genetics)
- B.Sc. (Microbiology, Biochemistry, Genetics)
- B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- B.A. JPCS(Journalism, Psychology, Computer Science)
- B.A. JPEng. (Journalism, Psychology, English Literature)
- B.A. HEP (History, Economics, Political Science)
- B.A. THJ (Tourism, History, Journalism)
The institution’s infrastructure is at pace with the changing needs of the student population. To be on par with the scientific and technological advancements, parallel expansion of infrastructure in the form of laboratories, library and other learning resources such as computers, e-resources and Wi-Fi facility are initiated.
Physical facilities have been expanded to create an ambience conducive for academic excellence and holistic development. Various departments and administrative sections are housed in the Main Block. The MBA and MCA programmes function in a separate block. The college has spacious class rooms, auditoria, laboratories, conference halls, panel rooms and sports facilities.
Infrastructural facilities have gradually developed in accordance with the growing student strength. Adequate ICT and technological facilities enable effective transmission of education. The auditoria, amphitheatre and quadrangle serve as launch pads for diverse co-curricular activities. Various sports and games facilities contribute to the development of students in extra-curricular activities. The dynamism of the students is evident in the optimal utilization of these facilities. Adequate attention is given to provide necessary infrastructural facilities to the differently-abled. The infrastructure has been augmented to suit the growing needs of students and additional funds have been set aside for effective upkeep.
Kristu Jayanti college has a very strong international community. It has high attention towards the attendance of students. It is mandatory to maintain a 85% attendance to the college. Kristu Jayanti College moulds graduates with holistic sense, academic skills, to be socially responsible citizens to give themselves for the greater good. Students are encouraged to enjoy their studies, to expand intellectually, socially, and personally. Keeping this in mind, there is a gamut of academic and co-curricular activities for students to be involved in. Some challenge and extend intellectual capacity; some escalates them to esthetic and creative heights, to expose them to support the less privileged members of our community, and to bring out the sportsperson in them. Whatever the interest lies, there is something at Kristu Jayanti.