September 15, 1989 |
Plymouth, MN, US
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Lake Erie Monsters (AHL)
|NHL Draft||113th overall, 2007
Kent Patterson (born September 15, 1989) is an American professional ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing for the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League as a prospect for the Colorado Avalanche organization in the National Hockey League.
Patterson played high school hockey in his native Minnesota with The Blake School before crossing to minor junior hockey with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the United States Hockey League. After an impressive season culminating in a selection to the USHL All-Rookie team, Patterson was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche in the 4th round (113th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Committing to the University of Minnesota to play with the Golden Gophers in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association conference, Patterson assumed the backup position to Alex Kangas for his freshman and sophomore seasons. In his junior season in 2010–11, Patterson emerged as the starting goaltender for the Golden Gophers and in 30 appearances accumulated 14 victories to be named in the All-WCHA Second Team. As a senior in 2011–12, Patterson compiled his most successful collegiate season, earning a career high 28 wins in 43 games for the Gophers. Patterson was subsequently awarded the WCHA Goaltending Champion award as the goalie with the lowest goals against average of 2.06 and a starting place in the All-WCHA First Team.
On May 11, 2012, Patterson signed his first professional contract by signing to a two-year entry level deal with the Avalanche. After initially attending American Hockey League affiliate, the Lake Erie Monsters training camp, Patterson was re-assigned to make his pro debut to start the 2012–13 season with the Denver Cutthroats of the CHL, a secondary affiliate of the Avalanche. Patterson started in the Cutthroats inaugural game and recorded his first professional win over the Missouri Mavericks on October 19, 2012. Patterson's impressive play behind the Cutthroats defense was rewarded when he was selected as the CHL's Goaltender and Rookie of the Month award for November. On January 31, he was recalled to serve as a backup for Monsters of the AHL. In his American League debut, Patterson recorded a shutout in a 1-0 shoot-out loss to the Abbotsford Heat on February 10, 2013. After four games with the Monsters, Patterson was returned to the Cutthroats and remained for the duration of their campaign. At the conclusion of the Cutthroats opening round playoff loss, Patterson was recalled to the Monsters and notched his first AHL win with a victory over the Syracuse Crunch on April 9, 2013.
Regular season and playoffs
|2006–07||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||29||20||5||3||1710||83||2||2.91||.913||1||0||1||41||6||0||8.78||.778|
|2007–08||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||20||10||6||1||1109||46||1||2.49||.912||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||University of Minnesota||WCHA||7||0||2||1||231||9||0||2.34||.925||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||University of Minnesota||WCHA||8||2||4||1||406||21||0||3.10||.901||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||University of Minnesota||WCHA||30||14||9||6||1724||73||0||2.54||.919||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||University of Minnesota||WCHA||43||28||14||1||2557||99||7||2.32||.907||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||5||1||2||1||259||11||1||2.55||.907||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|All-WCHA Second Team||2011|||
|WCHA Goaltending Champion||2012|||
|All-WCHA First Team||2012|||
|NCAA West Second All-American Team||2012|
- "Patterson, Bjugstad named to all-WCHA first team". Minnesota Star Tribune. 2012-04-05. Retrieved 2012-04-05.
- "Colorado Avalanche signs three Goaltending prospects". Denver Post. 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Monsters send pair of goalies to Cutthroats". Central Hockey League. 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Cutthroats tops Missouri 4-3". Denver Cutthroats. 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2012-10-19.
- "Patterson named CHL Goaltender and Rookie of the month". Denver Cutthroats. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Monsters fall in third straight shoot-out defeat". Lake Erie Monsters. 2013-02-10. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- "Monsters finish off Crunch in OT". Lake Erie Monsters. 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "RoughRiders' Patterson named USHL Goaltender of the Week". OurSportsCentral.com. 2007-04-01. Retrieved 2007-04-01.
- "Hockey Awards & Achievements - NCAA (WCHA) Second All-Star Team". eliteprospects.com. 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- Kent Patterson's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Kent Patterson's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|