||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2010)|
|— city —|
|Elevation||191 m (627 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 76|
The most important commodities such as Handloom clothes, matches also fiber and mud-pots are being manufactured in the town.
The name Kadayanallur comes from "Kadaikaaleeswara", the name of the presiding deity of Kadayaleeswarar kovil, a Hindu temple located in Kadayanallur. It is located in the foothills of the Western Ghats near the Courtallam Waterfall and Tenkasi. It is famous for saaral (drizzling), which occurs yearly from May to August. It is also known for its vast paddy and coconut fields. Most of the last generation of residents were farmers; however, many are now employed in various parts of India and in foreign countries such as the United States, Singapore, and the Persian Gulf.
The nearest airport is at Madurai, nearest international airport at Thiruvananthapuram then Kochin and a rail service (converted to broad gauge in 2004 2005), served by Southern Railway (India) is also available.
Kadayanallur is located at  The town is located on the foot of the Western Ghat It has an average elevation of 191 m (627 ft)..
The town is having an area of 52.25 km. The town is general is having a dry climate except during the monsoon periods.
- Located in between Puliangudi and Tenkasi in the National Highway 208 Madurai to Kollam
- Located in between Tenkasi and Sankarankoil in the Indian Railways between Madurai-to-Kollam line
- District Capital Thirunelveli 70 km.
- Airport : Madurai ( Madurai Airport IXM ) 120 km
- Airport : Tuticorin Thuththukudi ( Tuticorin Domestic Airport ) 110 km ( using NH138 & SH40 )
- Tamil Nadu State capital Chennai 500 km
- Nearest International Airport Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala State Capital) 100 km .
- Courtallam Waterfall a famous tourist attaraction 15 km
- Kerala state Border - Ariyankavu is 25 km
- Population more than 77000
In the 2011 census 92,984 people were reported as living in Kadayanallur.
Computer Education Institute
- Royal Tech Computer Education,
Schools and Colleges
- Govt.Boys Hr Sec School,
- Govt. Girls Hr Sec School,
- Pettai Muslim Higher Secondary School,
- Masood Thaika Higher Secondary School,
- Darussalam Higher Secondary School,
- Hidayadhul Islam Higher Secondary School,
- Fathima College of Pharmacy www.fcp.in
- Al Azhar nursery school 
- Wisdom matriculation school,
- Ulaga Higher Secondary School
- Everest polytechinc collage
- Veerasamy chettiyar polytechnic&engineering collage
- 1966 -Upgraded to Grade III Municipality from Kadayanallur Panchayat Board
- 1973 -Commencement of Karuppanathi Drinking water supply scheme
- 1985 -Spread of Cholera
- 1987 -Upgraded to Grade II Municipality
- 1999 -Commissioning of Tamirabharani combined water supply scheme
- 2008 -Upgraded to Grade I Municipality
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kadaiyanallur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "NPR Report: Tamil Nadu: Tirunelveli: Tenkasi". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies". Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-13.