Jennifer Hyman is an American entrepreneur. Hyman co-founded Rent The Runway and serves as chief executive officer for the company. She, alongside Rent the Runaway co-founder Jennifer Fleiss, was named one of the top 100 more influential women in technology by Fast Company in 2011.
Personal life and education
Jennifer Hyman grew up in New Rochelle, New York. She graduated from New Rochelle High School in 1998. Hyman attended Harvard Business School, which is where she met Jennifer Fleiss. She earned her MBA at Harvard. She lives in the West Village neighborhood of New York City.
She worked as a manager for IMG, Starwood Hotels and Wedding Channel. Hyman co-founded Rent The Runway, a website that allows users to rent fashion items such as clothing and shoes, in 2009 with Jennifer Fleiss. In 2011, Fast Company named her and Fleiss as two of the top 100 most influential women in tech.Crains declared her one of their 40 under forty in business, in 2012. She was also chosen, alongside Fleiss, as one of the top 40 under 40 by Fortune.
- Pasquarelli, Adrianne. "Where is Jennifer Hyman now? Chief executive, Rent the Runway". 40 Under Forty. Crains. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Bosker, Bianca. "Rent The Runway CEO Shares Best Advice She's Received: 'Just Do It'". Women in Tech. Huffington Post. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Evans, Suzy. "Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Fleiss". 2011 Most Influential Women in Technology. Fast Company. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Lapowsky, Issie. "The Way I Work: Jennifer Hyman, Rent the Runway". Managing Creativity. Inc. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Meltzer, Marisa. "The Prom Dress Moves Into the Designer Leagues". Fashion & Style. The New York Times. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- Keating, Caitlin. "29. Jennifer Hyman & Jennifer Carter Fleiss". 40 Under 40. Fortune. Retrieved 18 October 2012.