Jacqueline Kelly is a children’s book author.
In 2009 her first novel, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, was published. It tells the story of a young girl growing up in Texas in 1899, learning what it means to be a woman in turn-of-the-century America, and learning about science and the natural world from her grandfather. The book won a 2010 Newbery Honor.
Kelly has also written a sequel to The Wind in the Willows called Return to the Willows, and have been published in October 2012.
- Jacqueline Kelly’s website
- “The Evolution of Jacqueline Kelly”, Jennifer M. Brown, School Library Journal, 06/02/2009.
- Mississippi Review 2001
- Kelly, Jacqueline. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. New York: Henry Holt and Company, 2009.
- “The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate”, Publishers Weekly, 05/04/2009.
- Newbery Medal and Honor Books, Association for Library Service to Children.