Dust-jacket from the first edition
|Author(s)||edited by Everett F. Bleiler and T. E. Dikty|
|Genre(s)||Science fiction Short stories|
|Publisher||Farrar, Straus & Young|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
Imagination Unlimited is a 1952 anthology of science fiction short stories edited by Everett F. Bleiler and T. E. Dikty and published by Farrar, Straus & Young. An abridged edition was published in the UK by The Bodley Head in 1953 containing six of the stories from the US edition. The remaining stories were published in the UK by John Lane as Men of Space and Time. Ten of the stories originally appeared in the magazine Astounding; the others came from Thrilling Wonder Stories, Imagination and Galaxy Science Fiction.
- Introduction, by Everett F. Bleiler & T. E. Dikty
- "What Dead Men Tell", by Theodore Sturgeon
- "Referent", by Ray Bradbury (Thrilling Wonder Stories)
- "Blind Man’s Buff", by Malcolm Jameson
- "Pressure", by Ross Rocklynne
- "The Xi Effect", by Philip Latham
- "Old Faithful", by Raymond Z. Gallun
- "Alas, All Thinking!", by Harry Bates
- "Dune Roller", by Julian May
- "Employment", by L. Sprague de Camp
- "Dreams Are Sacred", by Peter Phillips
- "Hold Back Tomorrow", by Kris Neville (Imagination)
- "Berom", by John Berryman
- "The Fire and the Sword", by Frank Robinson (Galaxy)
Except as noted, the stories originally appeared in Astounding Science Fiction. "Referent" was originally published under the byline "Brett Sterling". "Employment" was originally published under the byline "Lyman R. Lyon".
- Index to Science Fiction Anthologies and Collections
- "The Reference Library", Astounding Science Fiction, November 1952, p.158
- Contento, William G. "Index to Science Fiction Anthologies and Collections". Retrieved 2008-01-24.