Il Sole 24 Ore
Front page, 2010-04-20
It was founded on 9 November 1965 as a merger between Il Sole (English: The Sun), founded in 1865, and 24 Ore (English: 24 Hours), founded in 1946. The headquarters are in Milan. Total circulation is about 390,000.
Il Sole 24 Ore reports on business, politics, developments in commercial and labour law, corporate news and features. Extensive share and financial product listings are provided in its daily supplement, Finanza e Mercati.
Weekly supplements include:
- Domenica (Sunday): art, literature, philosophy, theater, cinema, book reviews, and related news;
- Plus (Saturday): family savings, market analysis, real estate market news, and other private investment topics;
- Nòva 24 (Thursday ): science and technology.
Irregular supplements are also produced with a focus on a specific issue such as a particular business sector.
- Circulation: 390,000
- Subscriptions: 170,000
- Readership: 1,200,000
- Editorial bureaux: 13 national, 8 international
The information integrated system
The printed newspaper is presented as part of an integrated information system which includes:
The company offers professional services in the areas of: software, data access, professional business books and handbooks, classes, real time services.
- Il Sole 24 Ore Official Website (Italian)