I Wanna Be with You (Mandy Moore song)
|"I Wanna Be With You"|
|Single by Mandy Moore|
|from the album I Wanna Be with You|
|B-side||"Let Me Be the One"|
|Released||July 11, 2000|
The Bennet House, Franklin, Tennessee
Metropolis, South-Melbourne, Australia
|Length||4:15 (Album Version)
4:20 (Soul Solution Remix)
5:02 (Center Stage Soundtrack)
|Writer(s)||Shelly Peiken, Tiffany Arbuckle, Keith Thomas|
|Mandy Moore singles chronology|
"I Wanna Be With You" is a song by American recording artist Mandy Moore. It was released as the only single from Moore's second studio album I Wanna Be with You on July 11, 2000. The song received positive reviews from critics, who complimented Moore's mature vocals and the song's arrangement. The song, peaked at number twenty-four in the United States Billboard Hot 100, becoming Moore's first and only top forty single in the US to date. The song also peaked at number thirteen in Australia and was certified Gold by ARIA. It also peaked at number twenty-one in the UK, sixty-six in Austria and seventy in Germany. The song was featured on the soundtrack to the 2000 film Center Stage. The music video for the song, directed by Nigel Dick showed Moore singing the song to her love interest in a dance studio.
"I Wanna Be with You" is a string-heavy pop song with slight R&B influenced beats. The song is written in the key of E♭ Major and is set in the time signature of common time. It is moderately paced with a tempo of 76 beats per minute. The song also follows the sequence of Ebmaj7–Ab–Eb7–Abmaj7 as its chord progression. Moore's vocals in the song spans from the note of A♭3 to D♭5. The version used in the film has more poppy beats.
The single was released in early 2000 and soon became Moore's highest chart topper, going all the way to the Top 25. It also became her only top 40 chart placement. It spent 16 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, and reached #24 in its 9th week on the chart. The single was more successful in Australia, spending over 25 weeks in the top 100 and reaching number 11 on the ARIA charts. It also reached number 21 in the UK, becoming her second, and so far, last single to chart there.
Billboard praised the song and said, "Top 40 programmers and listeners alike will love Moore more with this track...just delightful." Allmusic chose the song as a highlight track on the album of the same name.
The song's video was directed by Nigel Dick. It gained a lot of airplay on MTV and the song was also featured on the soundtrack to the film "Center Stage" The video shows a 16 year old Mandy in a dance studio singing to her love interest, who was played by Sascha Radetsky from the movie.
"I Wanna Be With You" is the last song by Moore to chart so far on the Billboard Hot 100. Mandy continued her success in Australia with the following two singles, "In My Pocket" and "Crush" from her follow up album of 2001, Mandy Moore.
Australian CD Single
- "I Wanna Be With You" - 4:12
- "Let Me Be The One" - 3:48
- "Candy" - (Rhythm Masters club mix) - 7:35
- "I Wanna Be With You" - (Soul Solution remix - extended) - 10:16
- "I Wanna Be With You" 4:14
- "Let Me Be The One" 3:49
- "Love Shot" 4:24
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Mix)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Dub)
Center Stage Soundtrack
- "I Wanna Be With You" - 5:02
UK Maxi CD Single
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Radio Edit) 4:12
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Remix Extended) 10:16
- "Candy" (Rhythm Masters Club Mix) 7:35
Brazil Maxi CD Single, Promo
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Album Version)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Radio Edit Remix)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Remix)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Dub Remix)
UK CD Single
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Radio Edit)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Remix - Radio Edit)
Mexico CD Single, Promo
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Radio Edit)
- Written-By - Shelly Peiken, Tiffany Arbuckle
- Written-By, Producer, Arranged By - Keith Thomas
- Backing Vocals - Tiffany Arbuckle
- Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Drum Programming, Synthesizer - Keith Thomas
- Electric Guitar - Jerry McPhershon, Kenny Greenberg
- Engineer [Assistant] - Hadyn Buxton
- Engineer, Mixed By - Bill Whittington
- Producer [Production Coordinator], Programmed By [Pro Tools Editing] - Shaun Shankel
- Programmed By [Additional Programming] - Dan Muckala
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||66|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||70|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||21|
|US Billboard Hot 100||24|
|US Pop Songs (Billboard)||11|
- "Australian-charts.com – Mandy Moore – I Wanna Be With You". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Hung Medien.
- "Mandy Moore – I Wanna Be With You – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Hung Medien.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart. Official Charts Company.
- "Mandy Moore Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Mandy Moore. Prometheus Global Media.
- "Mandy Moore Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Pop Songs for Mandy Moore. Prometheus Global Media.