|Launched||April 5, 1993|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Latin America/Time Warner|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||Latin America|
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Directv (Latin America)||520|
I.Sat is an Argentine cable television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System Latin America and Time Warner. It airs movies, series, music and shows focused on people aged 18 to 39. It is headquartered in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
It is broadcast on the satellite PAS 9 and is broadcast by most cable television companies in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
The channel has a dedicated feed for Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, and until November 2012, a dedicated feed for Brazil, which is now covered by the channel's pan-regional feed.
Until 2007, the channel was owned by "Claxson Interactive Group Latin America & Iberia" (which was a subsidiary of the Venezuelan-based Cisneros Group) but that year the channel, along with Retro and Space, is bought by Turner Broadcasting System. It aired different programming on different blocks, such as "Primer Plano I.Sat" (foreign movies), "Cine Argentino Independiente" (independent Argentine films), "Asian Connection" (Asian films), and "Cortos I-Sat" (short films).
In 2007 it changed its programming from being a 24-hour movies channel to have movies, series, shows, documentary series, music and some others. Some current programming includes MADtv, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, The Basement Sessions, Little Britain, As If, Carnivàle, Veronica Mars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and others.
Logos↑Jump back a section
Current programming blocks
- I.Films. Featured movies with monthly premieres.
- I.Series. Series, shows and reality series.
- Primer Plano I.Sat ("I.Sat In Focus"). International Independent films, launched on 2002.
- Cine Argentino Independiente ("Independent Argentine Films"). Argentine independent films.
- Asian Connection. Asian films.
- BritTV. British shows and series from BBC and Channel 4
- Cortos I.Sat ("I.Sat Shorts"). Short films.
Former programming blocks
- Sexorama. Softcore films. Replaced by Adult Swim in 2008.
- Cine Zeta ("Zeta Films"). Films with poor ratings or reviews. Discontinued in 2005.
- Comedy Central. Programming block with series from the American channel Comedy Central. Discontinued in 2004.
- Cuentos de terror ("Terror Stories"). Terror stories narrated by Alberto Laiseca. Discontinued in 2008.
- Adult Swim. It airs cartoons and anime series for adults. Formerly, "Adult Swim" was aired on I.Sat's sister channel Cartoon Network. It was launched on I.Sat in 2008. Discontinued in 2011.
- The Whitest Kids U' Know
- Cock'd Gunns
- The Mighty Boosh
- Trust Me
- The Mind of the Married Man
- Arrested Development
- The Office
- Little Britain
- Six Feet Under
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- Basement Sessions
- As if
- Veronica Mars
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Dharma and Greg
- Shameless (U.S. version)
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl
- Peep Show
- Trigger Happy TV
- Sugar Rush
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Cha Cha Cha
- The Borgias
- Raising Hope
- Come Fly with Me
- Running Wilde