Holy Sepulchre Cemetery (Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania)
The grave of Connie Mack
|Year established||Late 18th Century|
|Location||Cheltenham Avenue and Easton Road
|Country||United States of America|
|Owned by||Archdiocese of Philadelphia|
Holy Sepulchre Cemetery is a Catholic cemetery in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It is a cemetery of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Located at 4001 West Cheltenham Avenue, it abuts the county line separating Cheltenham Township, Montgomery County from Northwest Philadelphia. It has a Chestnut Hill mailing address (PO Box 27544, Philadelphia, PA 19118-0452), although the cemetery grounds are on the Montgomery County side of the boundary, in Cheltenham Township.
Visitors are greeted by rolling manicured lawns, a large entrance gate, winding roads, many large vaults, and abundant statuary.
The cemetery opened in the late nineteenth century.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
- Michael Crescenz, Congressional Medal Of Honor Recipient (Vietnam)
- Bill Hallman (1867-1920), Major League Baseball player
- Connie Mack, Hall of Fame baseball player and manager
- John J. McVeigh, Medal of Honor recipient (World War II)
- David Reilly, lead singer of the band God Lives Underwater
- Frank Rizzo, Sr., mayor of Philadelphia
|This Montgomery County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cemetery in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|