With the advent of newer, non-invasive imaging techniques, the origin of other, so-called adventitial sounds or heart clicks has been appreciated. These are short, high-pitched sounds.
- The atrioventricular valves of patients with mitral stenosis may open with an opening snap on the beginning of diastole.
Last modified on 30 July 2011, at 17:07
↑Jump back a section
- MOUNSEY P (April 1953). "The opening snap of mitral stenosis". Br Heart J 15 (2): 135–42. doi:10.1136/hrt.15.2.135. PMC 479479. PMID 13041992.
- "The Auscultation Assistant - Mitral Stenosis". Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- Rizzon P, Biasco G, Brindicci G, Mauro F (March 1973). "Familial syndrome of midsystolic click and late systolic murmur". Br Heart J 35 (3): 245–59. doi:10.1136/hrt.35.3.245. PMC 458599. PMID 4692656.
- "Techniques - Heart Sounds & Murmurs Exam - Physical Diagnosis Skills - University of Washington School of Medicine". Retrieved 2009-03-06.