Happy Feet (video game)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007)|
PAL region cover art for DS
|Publisher(s)||Midway Home Entertainment|
|Distributor(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
Happy Feet is an action-adventure video game based on the movie of the same name. Released in 2006 by A2M for the Wii, PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance and PC, Elijah Wood, Brittany Murphy, Dee Bradley Baker, Carlos Alazraqui, Jeff Garcia, and Johnny A. Sanchez all reprise their voice roles from the film.
The console versions (for PS2, Wii, GameCube and PC) feature 3 different modes: a dancing mode which simulates Dance Dance Revolution with the player pushing the button in response to arrows on the screen, a fishing mode in which the player collects pebbles and shrimp as well as air bubbles in order to breathe, and a belly-sledding mode where the player sleds and collects the number of fish needed, sleds to beat a given time or races another character down the hill. In the Nintendo DS version of the game, the rhythm sequences use gameplay mechanics similar to those in Elite Beat Agents, though greatly simplified.
The game also features each of these modes for two players. In the dancing and swimming games, the players compete with each other, while cooperating with each other in the multi-player belly-sledding mode. Interestingly, the game features songs not in the film, such as "Shake Your Booty" from KC and the Sunshine Band for when Mumble hatches, and "I Will Survive" from Gloria Gaynor sung by Gloria when Mumble and her break up. These are for the dance modes of the game.
- Elijah Wood - Mumble
- Brittany Murphy - Gloria
- E.G. Daily - Toddler Mumble, Toddler Gloria
- Fred Tatasciore - Lovelace, Elder Penguin #2, Additional Voices
- Dan Castellaneta - Ramon, Elephant Seal #1
- Carlos Alazraqui - Nestor
- Johnny A. Sanchez - Lombardo, Human #3
- Jeffrey Garcia — Rinaldo
- Lombardo Boyar - Raul
- Grey DeLisle - Miss Viola, Mrs. Astrakhan, Young Penguin #2, Adult Penguin #3
- J. Grant Albrecht - Eggbert the Elder
- Dee Bradley Baker - Elephant Seal #2, Alpha Sku, Maurice
- John Adair - Adult Penguin #1
- Brigitte Burdine - Adult Penguin #2
- Joe Murray - Adult Penguin #4
- Adam Nelson - Adult Penguin #5
- Chris Edgerly - Elder Penguin #1, Human #2
- Roger Rose - Adult Penguin #6 / Leopard Seal / Additional Voices
- Christopher Corey Smith — Memphis/Noah the Elder/Boss Skua/ Additional Voices
- Cathy Cavadini - Norma Jean,Young Penguin #1, Human #1
|This section requires expansion. (December 2008)|
|GameRankings||GBA: 58.7% (3 reviews) 
DS: 51.4% (5 reviews) 
PS2: 51.1% (7 reviews) 
Wii: 47.7% (14 reviews) 
GC: 47.5% (2 reviews) 
PC: 41.5% (4 reviews)
|Metacritic||PS2: 49% (6 reviews) 
Wii: 46% (11 reviews) 
PC: 42% (4 reviews) 
|GameSpot||3.9 out of 10 
GBA: 6.1 out of 10 
Wii: 3.7 out of 10 
DS: 3.5 out of 10 
|IGN||4.5 out of 10 
DS: 5.0 out of 10 
GBA: 4.0 out of 10 
- A2M (2006) Happy Feet Manual
- "Aggregate score for GBA". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for DS". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for PS2". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for Wii". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for GameCube". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for PC". Game Rankings.
- "Aggregate score for PS2". Metacritic.
- "Aggregate score for Wii". Metacritic.
- "Aggregate score for PC". Metacritic.
- "PS2 review". Gamespot.
- "GameCube review". Gamespot.
- "PC review". Gamespot.
- "GBA review". Gamespot.
- "Wii review". GameSpot.
- "DS review". Gamespot.
- "PS2 review". IGN.
- "Wii review". IGN.
- "PC review". IGN.
- "DS review". IGN.
- "GBA review". IGN.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language