Multiple biblical characters with the name Hadad (Hadar) existed. Hadad is a name of one rain god who was also called Baʿal.
- Abraham's son Ishmael had a son named Hadad who was a chief.
- Hadad ben Bedad, an early king of Edom.
- Hada, the last king of Edom He ruled from Pau, Edom, which some biblical scholars identify as an Egyptian city. Hadad’s wife was Queen Mehetabel ("God makes happy"), daughter of Matred and granddaughter of Me-Zahab.
- Hadad, a member of the royal house of Edom, who escaped the massacre under Joab and fled to Egypt.
Last modified on 6 March 2013, at 17:51
- ^ Genesis 25:12-18
- ^ Genesis 36:39.
- ^ Kabbalah of Creation: The Mysticism of Isaac Luria, Founder of Modern Kabbalah. Edited by Eliahu Klein.
- ^ 1 Chronicles 1:50
- ^ Mehetabel