|Guy Charles Lloyd-Jones|
17 May 1966 [|
|Institutions||University of Bristol
University of Oxford
|Alma mater||Huddersfield Polytechnic
Linacre College, Oxford
|Thesis||Catalytic hydrometallation (1993)|
|Doctoral advisor||John M. Brown|
|Known for||Reaction mechanisms in organometallic chemistry and catalysis|
|Notable awards||Fellow of the Royal Society (2013)|
Guy Charles Lloyd-Jones FRS (born 17 May 1966) is a British chemist. He is a professor of chemistry at the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom. His research is largely concerned with the determination of organometallic reaction mechanisms, especially those of palladium-catalyzed coupling reactions such as Suzuki-Miyaura coupling.
Lloyd-Jones received a Bachelor of Science degree from Huddersfield Polytechnic in 1989, and a DPhil from the University of Oxford in 1992. He was a Royal Society Western European postdoctoral research fellow at Basel University from 1993–1995 with Professor Andreas Pfaltz. He joined the University of Bristol as a lecturer in 1996, before being promoted to reader in 2000, professor in 2003 and Head of Organic and Biological Chemistry in 2012. Lloyd-Jones is currently editor-in-chief of the Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical.
Lloyd-Jones's work has been recognised by awards such as the RSC's Hickinbottom Fellowship (2000), the German Chemical Society's Liebig Lectureship (2003), the RSC Corday–Morgan Medal (2003), the RSC Organic Reaction Mechanisms Prize (2007), the GSK/AZ/Pfizer/Syngenta UK Prize for Process Chemistry Research (2010), a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award (2008-2013) and the RSC Physical Organic Chemistry Medal and Ingold Lectureship (2013). Professor Lloyd-Jones was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2013.
- Lloyd-Jones, Guy Charles (1992). Catalytic hydrometallation (PhD thesis). University of Oxford. http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?docId=oxfaleph015968367.
- "Professor Guy Lloyd-Jones FRS". The Royal Society. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- Lloyd Jones, Guy Charles (2009). "Author profile: Guy C. Lloyd-Jones". Angewandte Chemie International Edition 48 (51): 9588–9588. doi:10.1002/anie.200905581.
- "Research". Lloyd-Jones research group website. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- Ball, L. T.; Lloyd-Jones, G. C.; Russell, C. A. (2012). "Gold-Catalyzed Direct Arylation". Science 337 (6102): 1644–1648. doi:10.1126/science.1225709. PMID 23019647.
- Hughes, D. L.; Lloyd-Jones, G. C.; Krska, S. W.; Gouriou, L.; Bonnet, V. D.; Jack, K.; Sun, Y.; Mathre, D. J. et al. (2004). "ASYMMETRIC CATALYSIS SPECIAL FEATURE PART I: Mechanistic studies of the molybdenum-catalyzed asymmetric alkylation reaction". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 101 (15): 5379–5384. doi:10.1073/pnas.0306918101. PMC 397389. PMID 15056759.
- "Professor Guy Lloyd-Jones". University of Bristol, School of Chemistry website. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Professor Guy Lloyd–Jones". Lloyd-Jones research group website. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Editorial Board". Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical 360: iii–. 2012. doi:10.1016/S1381-1169(12)00160-4.
- "RSC Hickinbottom Award Previous Winners". Royal Society of Chemistry. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Liebig-Lectureship". GDCh. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "RSC Corday–Morgan Prize Previous Winners". Royal Society of Chemistry. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Royal Society elects new Fellows for 2013". The Royal Society. Retrieved 4 May 2013.