Good Times (Elvis Presley album)
|Studio album by Elvis Presley|
|Released||March 20, 1974|
|Recorded||July 21–22, December 10, 13–14, 16, 1973|
|Genre||Rhythm and blues, rock and roll, country rock|
|Elvis Presley chronology|
Good Times is a 1974 album by Elvis Presley.
The album was constructed by the first pick of a session held at Stax Studios in Memphis in December 1973 and two songs, "I've Got a Thing About You Baby" and "Take Good Care of Her", which were left over from the session at Stax in July 1973. The album includes a collection of songs that vary in style and genre. Released the same day as the recording of Elvis: As Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis was being made, the title was taken from the song "Talk About the Good Times". Many of the songs are covers of hits at the time, like "Spanish Eyes" and "She Wears My Ring". Charting low at the time of its release, it was considered typical 1970s Elvis material and was his first album to hit the "cut-out bins". Today it is more highly regarded among Elvis fans. The album did have some success though upon its original release, becoming a Cashbox #1 hit and charting in the Top 50 in the UK.
Original copies of the LP with the sticker on the cover (stating the singles on the album) are very rare and sell for large amounts on auction sites.
The album released two singles, both hits: "I've Got a Thing About You Baby" rose to #4 on the Country charts, #39 pop; "My Boy" hit #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, as well as #14 Country and #20 Pop.
- "Take Good Care of Her" (Arthur Kent, Edward C. Warren)
- "Loving Arms" (Tom Jans)
- "I Got a Feelin' in My Body" (Dennis Linde)
- "If That Isn't Love" (Dottie Rambo)
- "She Wears My Ring" (Felice Bryant, Boudleaux Bryant)
- "I've Got a Thing About You Baby" (Tony Joe White)
- "My Boy" (Bill Martin, Phil Coulter, Jean-Pierre Bourtayre, Claude François)
- "Spanish Eyes" (Bert Kaempfert, Eddie Snyder, Charles Singleton)
- "Talk About the Good Times" (Jerry Reed)
- "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues" (Danny O'Keefe)
References↑Jump back a section
- Yahoo! Music page
- CPL1-0475 Good Times Guide part of the The Elvis Presley Record Research Database
- AFL1-0475 Good Times Guide part of the The Elvis Presley Record Research Database
|This 1970s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|