||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|Type||Private, subsidiary of the Danaher Corporation|
|Headquarters||Greensboro, North Carolina|
Martin Gafinowitz, CEOGaston Berrio, POS Director
Point of Sale Systems
|Revenue||$700 million USD (2005)|
Gilbarco Veeder-Root, a subsidiary of the Danaher Corporation, is a supplier of fuel dispensers, point of sale systems, payment systems, forecourt merchandising  and support services. The company's headquarters is in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States and employs approximately 4,000 people around the world, with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Australia.
Regional offices are located throughout the US and Canada, and in the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Bahrain, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, India, Brazil and Argentina.
The company's manufacturing and development facilities are located in Greensboro, and in Simsbury, Connecticut, Altoona, Pennsylvania, Lakewood, Colorado and Davenport, Iowa. International manufacturing and development locations include the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, India, China and Brazil.
The company was originally founded under the name Gilbert & Barker in 1870 by Charles Gilbert and John Barker. The company was renamed as Gilbarco in 1929  and was later acquired by the British engineering company GEC in 1987. In 1999 GEC renamed itself to Marconi and Gilbarco became Marconi Commerce Systems. In 2002 Gilbarco was acquired by the Danaher Corporation, parent company of Veeder-Root and Red Jacket companies, and became Gilbarco Veeder-Root.
In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand.
In May 2008, the company launched the website AskAboutPCI.com, as a reference for convenience store retailers to learn more about the Payment Card Industry (PCI) rules, regulations, and deadlines. 
- Veeder-Root supplies automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems, including the Red Jacket brand of submersible pumps and pressurized line leak detectors. Veeder-Root is headquartered in Simsbury, Connecticut.
- Gasboy International is a manufacturer and marketer of commercial electronic and mechanical petroleum dispensing systems, fleet management systems, and transfer pumps, primarily for non-retail petroleum applications. Gasboy also offers a complementary line of automated fueling systems that provide 24-hour unattended fueling capabilities to fleets and retail marketers. Gasboy is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Petroworld Interview: Martin Gafinowitz, By: David Eagan
- Pumping Up In-Store Sales, C-Store Decisions, February 2009
- NACStech Show Floor Report, CSPnet.com, May 2009
- Corporate Facts
- Gas Station: History and Folklore of Gas Stations in America, By: Michael Karl Witzel
- Gilbarco Launches AskAboutPCI.com, Convenience Store Decisions, May 2008
- John Ratzenberger's Made In America
- Official Gilbarco Veeder-Root site
- eXtremely Secure, CSP Magazine, May 2009[dead link]
- Sheetz Awards PCI Upgrade to Gilbarco Veeder-Root, CSP.net, March 2009
- Gilbarco Passport enhancements facilitate compliance and faster execution of growth features, NPNweb.com, May 2009
- Gilbarco Launches AskAboutPCI.com Interactive Payment Security Website, May 2008
- Bite the Bullet, By: Jerry Soverinsky, NACS Magazine, April 2009[dead link]
- The PCI ABCs By: Jerry Soverinksy, NACS Magazine, September 2008