Gavin Free at PAX Prime in 2007
23 May 1988 |
|Other names||Gavino, Gav, Vav|
|Occupation||Producer, director, cinematographer|
|Known for||The Slow-Mo Guys
Gavin David Free (born 23 May 1988) is an English filmmaker currently working at Rooster Teeth Productions. He directed the machinima Red vs. Blue: Recreation and Red vs. Blue: Relocated. He is also known for his slow-motion cinematography, in which he and a friend, Daniel Gruchy, have a YouTube series, The Slow Mo Guys, featuring slow motion footage of various pranks and stunts, garnering millions of views since it launched on August 15, 2010. In April 2011 the channel was voted the winner of YouTube's On The Rise program which highlights up-and-coming YouTube partners on the homepage. In September 2012, their episode involving crushing watermelons was featured on The Tonight Show.
In 2006, Free joined Green Door Films, the first production house in Europe to utilize Phantom digital high-speed cameras as a source of slow motion, working as a Data Technician and Camera Operator. He has worked on adverts and music videos for U2, Enter Shikari, Klaxons, Kasabian, X-Press 2 and the "Everybody Hurts" Charity Single.
He is also known for his slow-motion cinematography work for films, including Hot Fuzz (2007), Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011), Snow White and the Huntsman and Dredd (2012). He currently is working for Achievement Hunter at Rooster Teeth.
|2007||Hot Fuzz||Slow Motion Cinematographer|
|2008–present||Achievement Hunter||Himself, producer|
|2008–2009||Red vs. Blue||Director, Jones (voice)|
|2009–present||Rooster Teeth Shorts||Himself|
|2011||Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows||Slow Motion Cinematographer|
|2011–present||The Slow Mo Guys||Himself, producer|
|2012||Snow White and the Huntsman||Slow Motion Cinematographer|
|2012||Dredd||Slow Motion Cinematographer|
- "This is... Hitman Absolution". YouTube.
- "Gavin Free | Supanova Pop Culture Expo". Supanova.com.au. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Giant water balloon exploding in super slow-motion – The Feed Blog". CBS News. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Slow Mo Guys: Amazing slow-motion film shows what happens when football meets face | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2011-05-10. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "'Slo mo guys' fast becoming stars | The Sun |News". The Sun. 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "USA vs. The World, Part 1". NBC. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "About Us". Green Door Films. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- Free, Gavin (2010-03-07). "Follow up to last journal.". Rooster Teeth Productions. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Achievement Hunter Gavino". Rooster Teeth. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Twitter / GavinFree: @EricVespe That was the last. Twitter.com. Retrieved on 2012-12-07.
- Twitter / GavinFree: @dancottle Dredd was the last. Twitter.com. Retrieved on 2012-12-07.
- "Rooster Teeth · RT Podcast #187". Roosterteeth.com. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- Twitter / RTXevent: Burnie talking about Michael. Twitter.com. Retrieved on 2012-12-07.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language