Feminist Porn Award
|Feminist Porn Award|
Official logo for the Feminist Porn Awards 2009
|Awarded for||Erotica focused on women and marginalized people|
|Presented by||Good for Her|
The ceremony was originally conceived of and coordinated by former store manager Chanelle Gallant and has been organized by current store manager Alison Lee since 2008. Both the store and the ceremony are based in Toronto, Ontario, and the ceremony commonly takes place at Berkeley Church. Despite the name of the ceremony, Lee states that the films featured at the awards (as well as the ceremony itself) are meant to appeal to men as well as to women.
- A woman had a hand in the production, writing, direction, etc. of the work.
- It depicts genuine female pleasure.
- It expands the boundaries of sexual representation on film and challenges stereotypes that are often found in mainstream porn.
- Feminist Porn Awards | Good For Her - Sex Workshops. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Agrell, Siri (2006-06-10). "X-rated films for red-blooded feminists: New porn caters to female pleasure fantasies". National Post. p. WP.3. ISSN 1486-8008. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- Strange bedfellows – Briarpatch Magazine. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- 'Porn with a heart' for a male audience — The Good Men Project. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Girls on Film: The 2009 Feminist Porn Awards. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Alison Lee: Feminist Porn Awards Pioneer - Shameless Magazine - your daily dose of fresh feminism for girls and trans youth. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
|This film award–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|