Fairmont Preparatory Academy
|Fairmont Preparatory Academy|
Inspiring minds. Empowering dreams
|School district||Anaheim, California|
Fairmont Preparatory Academy is a high school located in Anaheim, California. IT is one of the campuses of the Fairmont Private Schools system. Founded in 1953, Fairmont Private Schools is the largest and oldest non-sectarian private school in Orange County. It has been an IB World School since August 1995. The Fairmont Schools consists of six campuses: Fairmont Preparatory Academy, elementary and preschools at Anaheim Hills and Edgewood, an elementary school at Mable, a preschool at Citron, and an international campus located near the Mable campus, which together aim to teach a consistent program from preschool through twelfth grade.
Awards and recognition
For the 1990-91 school year, Fairmont Private Junior High School was recognized with the Blue Ribbon Award from the United States Department of Education, the highest honor that an American school can achieve. School officials were presented with a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award at a White House event held on March 25, 1991, at a ceremony hosted by President of the United States George H. W. Bush and United States Secretary of Education Lamar Alexander.
Fairmont Middle and High School (later renamed Fairmont Preparatory Academy) opened in September 1994 on the site of the Stanton estate, which includes a hacienda-style house built in 1929 by Col. Philip A. Stanton. The Phillip Ackley Stanton House building was entered in the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 1980.
Fairmont Preparatory Academy has comparatively small class sizes. For example, its Anaheim, CA campus ha a student/teacher ratio of 13.26.
Images↑Jump back a section
- Largest Public & Private High Schools in Orange County 2003-04, accessed November 18, 2006
- International Baccalaureate Organization: Fairmont Preparatory Academy, accessed November 18, 2006
- Fairmont campuses, accessed November 18, 2006
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002 (PDF), accessed May 11, 2006
- "President to Honor O.C. Private School", Los Angeles Times, September 21, 1991. pg. 3
- "ANAHEIM High School Opens in Former Mansion", Los Angeles Times, September 3, 1994. pg. 3
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- Fairmont Preparatory Academy Statistics, accessed November 9, 2009.
- Official website
- National Center for Education Statistics data for Fairmont Preparatory Academy (grades 1-6)
- National Center for Education Statistics data for Fairmont Preparatory Academy (grades 7-12)