|Born||2 March 1985|
|Height||155 centimetres (61 in) (2012)|
|Weight||50 kilograms (110 lb) (2012)|
|Achievements and titles|
Elizabeth Patrick (born 2 March 1985) is an Australian rowing coxswain. She competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics in the women's eight where her team finished eighth overall. She was selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Olympics in rowing in the women's eight.
Nicknamed Lizzy, Patrick was born on 2 March 1985 in Melbourne, Australia. She went to school at Canterbury Primary School in Victoria before attending high school at Methodist Ladies' College in Victoria before working on a degree in Exercise and Sport Science at Deakin University from 2003 to 2006. As of 2012[update], she lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Patrick is 155 centimetres (61 in) tall and weighs 50 kilograms (110 lb).
Patrick is a coxswain. As the cox, her team finished first in the women's eight at the 2005 World Championships. She competed in the World Rowing Championships in 2006 in the women's eight, with her team making the finals after beating Germany in the first heat. Her team went on to finish third. She competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics in the women's eight where her crew finished eighth overall. In the lead up to the Beijing Games, she carried the Olympic torch as it passed through Australia.
Patrick finished 5th in the eight event at the 2012 World Cup 3 in Munich, Germany and 4th in the same event at the 2012 World Cup 2 in Lucerne, Switzerland. As a member of the eights crew over a 2000 metres course, she helped set a time of 6 minutes 12.36 seconds which qualified her and the rest of the team for the Olympics. She was selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Olympics in rowing in the eights. Rowers in the eight boat have nicknamed their team the "Motley Crew". She will be the coxswain for the boat. Prior to going to London, she participated in a training camp at the Australian Institute of Sport European Training Centre in Varese, Italy.
|Wikinews has related news: Australian rowers prepare for 2012 Olympics|
- "London 2012 - Elizabeth Patrick". Australia: Australian Olympic Committee. 1985-02-03. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Australia name 46-strong rowing squad hoping to claim "avalanche of medals" at London 2012 | Rowing". insidethegames.biz. 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Seven Australian crews advance to finals — Sport". theage.com.au. 2006-08-22. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Rowing — Sports — Olympics". smh.com.au. 2008-08-17. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Canberrans celebrate Olympic torch relay". Mathaba.net. 2008-04-24. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- January 29, 2008 11:30PM (2008-01-29). "Marj and Gillian Hicks to carry Olympic torch". adelaidenow. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- Broadstock, Amelia (2012-06-25). "Blackwood rower books spot in Games — Local News — News — Mitcham & Hills Messenger". Mitcham-and-hills-messenger.whereilive.com.au. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "London 2012 - Athlete Search". Australia: Australian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Olympic rowing team named — ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Abc.net.au. 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Proud day for Tassie rowing Sport — The Mercury — The Voice of Tasmania". The Mercury. 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-07-10.