Edward John White
White was born in Bristol, England. From approximately 1853 to 160 he worked the Bendigo goldfields. He was acting Victorian Government Astronomer 1875-76 and an assistant to Robert L. J. Ellery at the Melbourne Observatory 1860 to 1892.
- Remarks on some new tables for finding height by the barometer. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 2 (1889), 68-77.
- Monthly record of results of observations in meteorological, terrestrial magnetism, etc. etc., taken at the Melbourne Observatory during... together with abstracts from meteorological observations obtained at various localities in Victoria. (Compilation of monthly reports, May 1875-March 1876). Melbourne: Government Printer, 1875-76.
- White, Edward John (1831 - 1913) at Bright Sparcs, University of Melbourne
- WHITE, Edward John at Physics in Australia to 1945, Bright Sparcs
- Edward John White at Picture Australia