|Legal status||Limited liability company
(Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung)
Friedhelm Pickhard, Philipp Rose, Uwe Hillmann
|Turnover||135 Mio. Euro (2008)|
|Sector||Automobile, Software, Hardware|
ETAS GmbH (the company name being the acronym of Engineering Tools, Application and Services) was founded in 1994 as a subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the ETAS Group, with its workforce of about 700 and a sales volume in the hundreds of millions, came into existence in 2003 through subsequent acquisitions of companies such as LiveDevices Ltd. in York, United Kingdom and Vetronix in Santa Barbara, California, United States. ETAS maintains a presence at international locations in France, United Kingdom, United States, Japan, P.R. China, India, South Korea, Brazil, Russian Federation, Sweden and Italy.
The Bosch subsidiary provides automakers and their suppliers with products and services for automotive Automotive Embedded Systems, e.g., development tools (in the form of both software and hardware) for ECUs used in passenger cars and trucks, as well as real-time operating systems and diagnostic tools for these vehicles. With the objective of achieving shorter development cycles, increased software quality and improved fault analysis, tools and components of this kind have been deployed in the auto industry since the early nineties.
Major product lines
Open product family for the model-based development of embedded automotive software:
- Model-based software design for control functions and control algorithms
- Office, lab, or vehicle-based simulation and rapid prototyping of ECU functions
- Automatic code generation for ECUs in production quality (more than 65 million produced since 1997)
- Compatible with standards such as ASAM (including MSR (Manufacturer and Supplier Relationship Group),OSEK, AUTOSAR, MISRA, XML, UML and IEC 61508 (certified for safety-critical systems)
- Compatible with tools such as MATLAB®/Simulink.
Typical deployment in the development of electronic control units for internal combustion engines, hybrid propulsion systems, transmission control units, chassis management systems (ABS, ESP), as well as convenience electronics
Measuring and calibration environment for electronic control units (ECUs):
- Measuring, displaying, recording and evaluation of ECU data
- Adjustment and administration of data records
- Based on open automotive standards
- Suitable for deployment in the lab, in the vehicle and on the test bench
According to corporate claims, ETAS is the market leader for measurement and calibration tools.
Product family for the virtual prototyping and rapid prototyping of ECU functions:
- Integration of models created in ASCET and MATLAB/Simulink, as well as C-Code
- Verification and validation of ECU functions, also in real-time conditions
- Suited to deployment in office, lab and vehicle
Product family for the creation, execution and automation of ECU tests based on models created in ASCET and MATLAB/Simulink, as well as C code.
Real-time operating systems (RTOS) for ECU processors:
- Conformant with standards such as OSEK, AUTOSAR, MISRA
- High performance for OSEK operating systems
- Installed base in the hundreds of millions
Various hardware products serving specialized purposes:
- Connecting ECU processors (e.g., ETK)
- Measurement data acquisition
- Real-time simulation of ECU functions or of physical ECU environments
- Applications for diagnostics and testing for vehicle manufacturers and service shops (e.g., diagnostic scanner for reading a vehicle's fault memory).
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language