Durand Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
|Durand Township, Minnesota|
|— Township —|
|• Total||18.3 sq mi (47.5 km2)|
|• Land||15.1 sq mi (39.1 km2)|
|• Water||3.2 sq mi (8.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,381 ft (421 m)|
|• Density||11.6/sq mi (4.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664013|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 18.3 square miles (47 km2), of which 15.1 square miles (39 km2) is land and 3.2 square miles (8.3 km2) (17.72%) is water.
- Puposky at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Bass Lake (west half)
- Crane Lake (north quarter)
- George Lake (east quarter)
- Jackson Lake (west three-quarters)
- Little Puposky Lake (east edge)
- Lake Julia (northeast half)
- Long Slough Lake (west half)
- Peterson Lake
- Puposky Lake (east three-quarters)
- Strand Lake
- Swamp Lake
- Upper Lindgren Lake
As of the census of 2000, there were 175 people, 76 households, and 51 families residing in the township. The population density was 11.6 people per square mile (4.5/km²). There were 82 housing units at an average density of 5.4/sq mi (2.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 94.29% White, 5.14% Native American, and 0.57% from two or more races.
There were 76 households out of which 26.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.6% were married couples living together, 10.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.6% were non-families. 27.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 2.81.
In the township the population was spread out with 21.7% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 22.9% from 25 to 44, 37.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 86.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $39,375, and the median income for a family was $43,438. Males had a median income of $32,500 versus $22,813 for females. The per capita income for the township was $22,886. None of the families and 7.3% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 20.0% of those over 64.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Durand Township total population