||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
Dried meat is a feature of many cuisines around the world. Examples include:
- Template:Landaee, Parsanda) is an Afghan salty dried meat of sheep, lamb and its mostly mutton, All ethnic pukhtoon dry and make soup in winters and ate it along with bread the dish is called ( kataoo, shorba ).
- Bakkwa or rougan, a Chinese salty-sweet dried meat product made in the form of flat thin sheets.
- Biltong, a kind of cured meat that originated in South Africa.
- Bindenfleisch, air-dried meat of Switzerland.
- Bògoǫ, dried and smoked meat, often caribou, among the Dene people of northern Canada.
- Borts, air-dried strips horse or cow meat used as travel food or to last the winter in Mongolia. Often ground into powder and mixed with water to create soup.
- Bresaola, air-dried salted beef originally from the Valtellina valley in northern Italy.
- Carne-de-sol, sun dried salt beef from Brazil.
- Carne seca air-dried meat from Mexico.
- Cecina lightly smoked dried and salted meat from North-west Spain (Asturias, León, Cantabria) and South America (Cuba, Mexico).
- Charqui made from Llama, horse or beef meat common in South America.
- Chipped beef, partially dried beef sold in small, thin, flexible leaves compressed together in jars or flat in plastic packets.
- Hunter Beef is native to Pakistan. The beef is marinated in spices and Potassium Nitrate and then baked. It is usually used in sandwiches and salads.
- Jerky meat that has been trimmed of fat, cut into strips, then marinated in a seasoned spice rub or liquid, and dried, dehydrated or smoked with low heat.
- Kuivaliha, air-dried salted meat (often Reindeer meat) of North-Finland.
- Khlii and gueddid, Moroccan beef or camel meat cooked in fat for a long time.
- Lahndi, air-dried salted meat (often lamb meat) of North-Afghanistan, a feature of Afghan cuisine developed by Afghans.N
- Pastırma, Turkish air-dried salted and often spiced meat.
- Pemmican a concentrated mixture of fat and protein and in some cases dried fruits were added. Invented by the native peoples of North America.
- Qadid Qadid is another name of Lahndi. Some area of Afghanistan do not use word Lanhndi but instead of it say Qadid.
- Suho meso a smoked beef eaten in Bosnia.
- Sukuti a air dried meat with additional spice. Developed in Newari community of Nepal.