Jorgensen's research interests include Sociology of Culture, Knowledge, and Religion, Science and Religion, Cults and Sects, American religion, Native American religions, new religions, Mormonism, Shakerism, Occultism, Neopaganism, Witchcraft, Scientology, and others.
- Ph.D., Sociology, Ohio State University, 1979, Linguistics minor. Dissertation: "Tarot Divination in the Valley of the Sun: An Existential Sociology of the Esoteric and Occult."
- M.A., Sociology, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, 1974, Thesis: "The Social Construction of Professional Knowledge: Illustrative Empirical Patterns in Social Work, 1956-1973."
- B.S., Sociology, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, 1972, extended major, including field work
- The Rise of Mormonism. By Rodney Stark (Reid L. Neilson, ed.). New York: Columbia University Press, 2005. Choice (May 2006).
- Images of the New Jerusalem: Latter Day Saint Factions Interpretations of Independence, Missouri. By Craig S. Campbell. Knoxville: The University of Tennessee Press, 2004. Choice (2005).
- Equal Rites: The Book of Mormon, Masonry, Gender, and American Culture. By Clyde R. Forsberg, Jr. New York: Columbia Press, 2004. Choice (December 2005).
- An Introduction to Mormonism. By Douglas J. Davies. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2003. Choice (September 2004).
- All Abraham's Children: Changing Mormon Conceptions of Race and Lineage. By Armand L. Mauss. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2003. Choice (April 2004).
- Pagan Theology: Paganism as a World Religion. By Michael York. New York: New York University, 2003. Choice 41 (October 2003): 357.
- By the Hand of Mormon: The American Scripture that Launched a New World Religion. By Terryl L. Givens. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002. Choice 40 (February 2003): 999.
- "Introduction to Emma Curtis Hopkins: Forgotten Founder of New Thought," Journal of the Society for the Study of Metaphysical Religion 8 (2, Fall, 2002): 79-88
- One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church. By Richard Abanes. New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2002. Choice 40 (November 2002): 484.
- [Review of] Mormon History. By Ronald W. Walker, David J. Whittaker, and James B. Allen. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001. Choice 39 (7, March 2002): 261.
- "The Mormon Gender-Inclusive Image of God," Journal of Mormon History 27 (1, Spring, 2001): 95-126.
- The New Believers: Sects,"Cults" and Alternative Religions. By David V. Barrett. London: Cassell, 2001. Choice 39 (4, December 2001): 283.
- Mormons and Mormonism: An Introduction to an American World Religion. By Eric A. Eliason (ed.). Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001). Choice 39 (2, October 2001): 294.
- The Mormon Culture of Salvation: Force, Grace and Gory. By Douglas J. Davies, Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2000. Choice 38 (10, June, 2001): 300.
- Daughters of the Goddess: Studies of Healing, Identity, and Empowerment. By Wendy Griffin (ed.). Walnut Creek, CA: Altamira, 2000. Sociology of Religion.
- "Tarot divination in the Valley of the Sun: an existential sociology of the exoteric and occult". Library Catalog. University Libraries, The Ohio State University. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- Sage Publications
- Jorgensen, Danny. "Curriculum Vitae". Faculty Academic Information Reporting. University of South Florida. Retrieved 2009-05-12.[dead link]
- Religion Link
- Women’s Studies Department Affiliate Faculty, University of Florida
- Works by or about Danny Jorgensen in libraries (WorldCat catalog)