Christ Church, Bala
Christ Church, Bala, is in Bala, Gwynedd, Wales (grid reference SH926362). It is an active Anglican church in the deanery of Penllyn & Edeyrnion, the archdeaconry of Wrexham, and the diocese of St Asaph. The church was designated a Grade II listed building on 13 December 2001.
The first church to be built on the site was in 1811. The present church was built between 1853 and 1857. The stalls and prayer desks were designed by the Chester architect John Douglas. By the 2000s the church building had deteriorated and between March and November 2007 repairs and restoration were carried out at a cost of £600,000.
- The deanery of Penllyn & Edeyrnion, Church in Wales, retrieved 1 July 2009
- Listed Buildings in Wales: Gwynedd, Cadw
- Historic background, Gwynedd Archaeological Trust, retrieved 2 July 2009
- BALA, Christ Church, Historic Churches Preservation Trust., retrieved 2 July 2009
- Hubbard, Edward (1991), The Work of John Douglas, London: The Victorian Society, p. 277, ISBN 0-901657-16-6
- Christ Church, Bala, Gwynedd, Wales, Heritage Link, retrieved 2 July 2009
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Welsh building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|