Christopher Miles "Chris" Perrins, LVO, FRS (b. 1935) is a British biologist. He is Leverhulme Emeritus Fellow at the Edward Grey Institute of Field Ornithology at Oxford University, and an Emeritus Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford.
He was appointed the first Warden of the Swans in 1993. This is a new office in the Royal Household of the Sovereign of the United Kingdom, created in 1993 when the ancient post of Keeper of the Queen's Swans (which dated from the thirteenth century) was divided into two new posts. The second is the Marker of the Swans.
Perrins is also President of the British Ornithologists' Union.
- 1957: B.Sc (hons Zoology) London
- 1963: D.Phil. Oxford
- 1988: Godman-Salvin Medal (British Ornithologists' Union)
- 1992: RSPB Medal
- 1996: Honorary Fellow, Queen Mary ; Westfield College
- American Ornithologists' Union: Corresponding Member, 1976, Fellow, 1983.
- Deutschen Ornithologen-Gesellschaft: Corresponding Fellow, 1991, Life Fellow, 2001.
- Nederlandse Ornithologische Unie: Life Fellow, 1992.
|This article about a British ornithologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language