|Born||1989 (age 23–24)
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Early and personal life
Thwaites was born in Cairns, Queensland, in 1989. He has a sister, Stacy, and his mother's name is Fiona Middleton. He underwent secondary education at Cairns State High School in Far North Queensland, with his senior year held in 2006. Thwaites studied acting at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and he graduated in 2010. He then relocated to Sydney to join the long-running soap opera Home and Away and to pursue his career in acting.
Prior to graduating from the Queensland University of Technology, Thwaites made his film debut in Charge Over You, a 2010 independent feature film. After he graduated, Thwaites went onto appear in an episode of Sea Patrol. In November 2010, it was confirmed that Thwaites, along with Adele Perovic, Ben Schumann, Emily Robins and Gracie Gilbert, had been cast in a new Fox8 Australian teen drama series called SLiDE. The show follows five Brisbane teenagers making their way from teenagers to adulthood. Thwaites believes his character, Luke Gallagher, "stands back a bit. He watches. He's struggling with family issues. He's drawn in as it was a chance to find better friends and an opportunity to be part of a group. He's a cool, accepted kid. Some friends he can love and help him mature." Thwaites made his first appearance on SLiDE in the series' premiere episode on 16 August 2011. In February 2012 FOX8 confirmed the series was not renewed for a second season due to less than impressive ratings. 
Shortly after Thwaites relocated to Sydney from Cairns in April 2011, he was given a five–month recurring role of Stu Henderson in the 24th season of Home and Away. Thwaites called the show a great learning experience and said his co-stars were easy to work with. Tristan Swanwick of The Courier-Mail said Thwaites' character is part of a major storyline, which lasts for the rest of the season. Thwaites made his first appearance as Stu on 23 August 2011. Stu is a new member of The River Boys. Swanwick said Thwaites was a "bit too pretty to be a bad-ass River Boy.", but a few fake tattoos would fix that. Of his character, Thwaites said "Stu's awesome, he has some fights, he gets the girls, it's awesome fun."
Thwaites signed on to play the male lead in the television re-make of the 1980 film, The Blue Lagoon entitled Blue Lagoon: The Awakening, which aired on 16 June 2012.  He appeared alongside fellow Australian actor Indiana Evans who also appeared in Home and Away. Filming began in February 2012 in Puerto Rico. In May 2012, it was announced Thwaites had joined the cast of Maleficent as the Prince, acting alongside Angelina Jolie who plays the title role.
|2010||Charge Over You||Sam|
|2011||Headsmen||Max Patterson||Short film|
|2011||Sea Patrol||Leigh Scarpia||Episode: "Black Flights"|
|2011||SLiDE||Luke Gallagher||Regular role; all 10 episodes|
|2011||Rove LA||Himself||Part of the studio audience|
|2011–12||Home and Away||Stu Henderson||Recurring role; 57 episodes|
|2012||Save Your Legs||Mark|
|2012||Blue Lagoon: The Awakening||Dean McMullen||Television film, a 2012 remake of The Blue Lagoon|
- Richards, Holly (September 6 2011). "No job wait for Thwaites". The West Australian (Seven West Media Limited). Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- Strudwick, Daniel (27 July 2011). "Cairns actor Brenton Thwaites trades Far North for a role in Home and Away". The Cairns Post (News Limited). Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Underbelly coup for QUT acting grads". Queensland University of Technology. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Swanwick, Tristan (9 July 2011). "Brenton soaps up well for role". The Courier-Mail (Queensland Newspapers). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Big break calls Thwaites back". Gold Coast Mail (APN News & Media). 16 August 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Dennehy, Luke (21 August 2011). "Thwaites' to star in Home and Away". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "The Project". Charge Over You. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "A SLiDE Show of Teen Drama - Meet Brenton Thwaites". Q News. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Episode 062 - Black Flights". Sea Patrol. 7 June 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "SliDE starts production for Foxtel". Throng. 9 November 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Knox, David (15 August 2011). "SLiDE". TV Tonight. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "A new drama series for Fox8 - SLiDE". Austar. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Brenton Thwaites and Indiana Evans to star in Lifetime's remake of 1980 film The Blue Lagoon". The Daily Telegraph (News Limited). 7 February 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Fowler, Tara (31 May 2012). "'Maleficient' casts 'Home and Away's Brenton Thwaites as prince". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- Swanwick, Tristan; Cooper, Nathanael (9 September 2011). "Home and Away star Brenton Thwaites busted by Rove McManus writing in his journal in audience of Rove LA". The Sunday Times (News Limited). Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "Actor Brenton Thwaites busted by Rove in awkward moment". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times). 19 September 2011. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "First Look At Karen Gillan & Brenton Thwaites In Mike Flanagan’s OCULUS!". Film Filia. 25 December, 2012. Retrieved 11 January, 2013.