Boca Raton Museum of Art
|Boca Raton Museum of Art|
|Location||501 Plaza Real
Boca Raton, Florida
|Director||Steven Maklansky |
The Boca Raton Museum of Art features an assortment of traveling exhibitions and permanent collections from established and rising artists. It offers educational programs, artist lectures, films, classes for children, and events.
- 19th and 20th century European and American painting, drawings and sculpture
- The Dr. & Mrs. John J. Mayers Collection of Modern Masters (including Degas, Matisse, Modigliani, Picasso, Seurat and others)
- After Minimalism: Abstract Sculpture from the 1970s and 1980s
- The Art of Artifacts of West Africa
- The Jean and David Colker Collection of Pre-Columbian art and Selections from the Photography Collection
Artists in the collection
Valerio Adami exhibition
This art museum has several paintings by Theresa Bernstein("Concert in Lewisohn Stadium,New York City").
- "Celebrating 55 Years - The Boca Raton Museum of Art", Florida History & the Arts, Spring 2006. Retrieved on November 05, 2007.
- MuseumsUSA. "Boca Raton Museum of Art Boca Raton, Florida", MuseumsUSA website, 2007. Retrieved on November 05, 2007.
- artdaily, Boca Raton Museum of Art in Florida Names Steven V. Maklansky as New Director
- Boca Raton Museum of Art. Boca Raton Museum of Art website. Retrieved on November 05, 2007.
- Boca Raton Museum of Art: About, ARTINFO, 2008, retrieved 2008-07-11
- Boca Raton Museum of Art (official website)
- "Celebrating 55 Years - The Boca Raton Museum of Art", Florida History & the Arts, Spring 2006. This article includes a good history of the museum.
|This Florida museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|