Bloom Township, Seneca County, Ohio
|Bloom Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.4 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Density||53.3/sq mi (20.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086942|
Bloom Township is one of the fifteen townships of Seneca County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,937 people in the township, 892 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Scipio Township - north
- Reed Township - northeast corner
- Venice Township - east
- Chatfield Township, Crawford County - southeast
- Lykens Township, Crawford County - south
- Texas Township, Crawford County - southwest corner
- Eden Township - west
- Clinton Township - northwest corner
The village of Bloomville is located in central Bloom Township.
Name and history↑Jump back a section
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Seneca County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.