Blind Witness performing live in 2009
|Origin||Granby, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Metalcore, deathcore (early)|
|Past members||Maxime Lacroix
Blind Witness was founded in 2005, by vocalist Jonathan Cabana in Granby, Quebec along with friends guitarist Pier-Luc Desroches and drummer Kevin Desroches. They later added guitarist/vocalist Maxime Lacroix and bassist Miguel Lepage to the roster. In 2005, the band began performing in Montreal.
While writing their follow up album, Blind Witness signed to heavy music label Mediaskare Records and entered the studio to record Nightmare on Providence Street. Released in 2009, the album was met with positive reviews, with Absolute Punk scoring it 84 percent and the reviewer stating that "metal core is one of the most hated genre's of metal. I believe that Blind Witness can prove that wrong to a lot of different metal fans."
In September 2011 it was announced that Jon Campbell, Maxime Lacroix, Miguel Lepage and Eric Morotti left the band. A few days later Campbell posted on his Facebook: "The band is not broken up. Myself, Miguel, Max and Eric have quit. The band could very well continue with a new line-up. I'm sure something will be posted soon in regards to the continuation of the band, but for now, 4 of the 5 members have quit, and that's that." Cabana had the following to say: "I'll keep everyone posted soon! We toured a lot and need some time home! I started this band in my basement. I changed a LOT of members through the time! Me and Max are they only original members; Max doesn't want to tour anymore but he still wants to write the new record! Only the people who play live will change, not the music!" A few months later Eric Morotti rejoined the band, along with new guitarist, Olivier Roy, and bassist Francis Beaupré. Lacroix played his last show with the band in October but will continue to write and record the band's next record. Nicolas Doiron has now taken the place as the 2nd guitar player for the band.
On May 25, 2012 Blind Witness announced their break up. They played their last show in Montreal, Qc, Canada on August 12 at the Heavy MTL 2012 festival.
- Former Members
- Jonathan Cabana - lead vocals, (2005–2012)
- Olivier Roy - lead guitar (2011–2012)
- Nicolas Doiron- guitar (2011-2012)
- Eric Morotti - drums, percussion (2009–2012)
- Francis Beaupre - bass (2011–2012)
- Maxime Lacroix - lead guitar, backing vocals (2005–2011) (Still in the band for song writing)
- Pier-Luc Desroches – lead guitar, vocals, tallywhacker (2005–2009)
- Jon Campbell – guitar (2009–2010)
- Sonny Tremblay – drums (2008)
- Kevin Desroches – drums, percussion (2005–2008)
- Tim Burak – drums (2008)
- Miguel Lepage - bass (2006–2010) (Now in Obey the Brave)
- Samuel Langlois-guitar (2005)
- Maxime Desroches - bass (2005)
- "Baby, One More Notch"
- "Bleeding Blades"
- "Absolute Punk Cd Review". Runningfree1 (Absolutepunk). 1 March 2010. Retrieved 13 September 2010.