Biasca railway station
|The frontage of Biasca railway station, with Autolinee Bleniesi and Autopostale buses|
|Distance||131.8 km (81.9 mi) from Immensee|
|Elevation||292 m (958 ft) AMSL|
|Owner||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Line ops||Swiss Federal Railways
Treni Regionali Ticino Lombardia
|Ticino rapid transit network|
Biasca is a railway station in the Swiss canton of Ticino and municipality of Biasca. The station is on the Swiss Federal Railways Gotthard railway, at the foot of the southern ramp up to the Gotthard Tunnel.
The station is served by an hourly InterRegio train between Locarno and Arth-Goldau, which continues alternately either to Basel SBB or to Zürich HB, and by trains on line S10 of the Treni Regionali Ticino Lombardia (TILO), which operates hourly south of Biasca to Bellinzona, Lugano and Chiasso, with a few trains extending northwards to Airolo and southwards to Milan.
The line through the Gotthard Base Tunnel will diverge from the existing line to the south of Biasca station, passing on the surface to the west of the town before entering the tunnel proper at Bodio.
Between 1906 and 1973, Biasca was the junction for the metre gauge Biasca–Acquarossa railway to Acquarossa in the Valle di Blenio. Today it is served by buses of the Autopostale, who operate an hourly service from Bellinzona to Airolo that parallels the Gotthard railway, and Autolinee Bleniesi, who provide service to the Valle di Blenio.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. p. 48. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- Swiss Confederation. map.geo.admin.ch (Map). http://map.geo.admin.ch/?selectedNode=node_ch.swisstopo.swissboundaries3d-gemeinde-flaeche.fill1&Y=717928.5&X=134363&zoom=6&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe&layers=ch.swisstopo.swissboundaries3d-gemeinde-flaeche.fill&layers_opacity=1&layers_visibility=true&lang=en. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Partenza Stazione di Biasca". Swiss Federal Railways. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Airolo–Chiasso–Albate-Camerlata (Ferrovia Regionale TILO-Linea S10)" (in Italian). Canton of Ticino. Archived from the original on 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Schema di rete - Trasporti pubblici" [Network diagram - Public transport] (in Italian). Canton of Ticino. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- Media related to Biasca railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Biasca station on Swiss Federal Railway's web site
|Preceding station||Rete celere del Canton Ticino||Following station|
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language