||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|— Town —|
|Elevation||69 m (226 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bhanjanagar is a town and a Notified Area Council in Ganjam district in the state of Odisha, India. The city, earlier named as Rasulkonda, is renamed later after (Great Poet) Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja. Bhanjanagar is a planned and beautiful town situated in the confluence of rivers Loharakhandi and Badanadi. It is situated on the state highway no. 7 connecting Brahmapur to Phulabani. It is 80 km from Brahmapur and 85 km from Phulbani.It has got road connections to almost all towns of Odisha. This city is home to people of various religious beliefs. There are several temples, mosques and churches. It has got several colleges, schools and other institutes. To the north of the town a beautiful reservoir is located with a catchment area of 25 square miles. The water of this reservoir irrigates many acres of land of Ghumusar (Bhanjanagar), Berhampur and Chhatrapur sub-divisions and also supplies drinking water to Bhanjanagar and Berhampur city. Its construction was completed in the year 1894. The panoramic view of the reservoir attracts and enchants tourists from different parts of our country. A park with boating facility and musical fountain has recently been opened and it attracts a lot of visitors everyday. Recently an aquarium house inaugurated inside the Biju Pattnaik children park, which is first of its kind in whole Ganjam district. In the month April 2013 the tallest statue of LORD Shiva was established at Baleswar hills besides the famous Bhanjanagar water reservoir. IT attracts thousands of tourist towards Bhanjanagar to see the seventh tallest Shiva statue of the world as well as history famous Bhanjanagar reservoir and the most beautiful panoramic view of Biju Patnaik Children park. The only park in Odisha with toy train facility for adult as well as for children and water fountain plus boating facilities and large aquarium and digital 3D picture hall.
Bhanjanagar is located at  It has an average elevation of 69 metres (226 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Bhanjanagar had a population of 19,699. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Bhanjanagar has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the National average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 84% and female literacy of 72%. 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Upendra Bhanja High School
- P.S.B School
- Saraswati Sishu Vidya Mandira
- Dina Bandhu Govt. Girls' High School
- Sri Bachha High School
- Secondary Teachers School
- Govt. Middle English Medium School (Bari School)
- St. Xavier's English Medium High School
- St.Anne's English Medium School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School)
- Sri Satya Sai Vidya Vihar
- Kanhu Rauta High School (Lalsingh)
- Dibya Shakti English Medium School (Niladri Bihar)
- Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja College(K.S.U.B College)
- Savitri Women's College
- K.S.U.B Teachers Training College(B.Ed. College)
- Bhanja College of Computer Management(B.C.C.M)
- Ghumusar (Junior) Residential College(G.R.C)
- Shri (Junior) Residential College(S.R.C)
- Shri Industrial Training Institute(SHRI I.T.I)
- State Bank of India(Morning & Evening)
- Andhra Bank
- Rusikulya Gramya Bank
- Rusikulya Gramya Bank-Evening Branch
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Aska Central Co-operative Bank
- State Bank of India(Evening Branch)
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Axis Bank
- Uco Bank
- United Bank of India
- Micro Finance ltd
- Sahara India
- Seashore Secrities Ltd
- icore-e-services Ltd.
- SMC Global Securities Ltd.
- Microsec Capital Limited
- Alankit Assignment Ltd- NSDL PAN & TIN Center
- Sahajee Marketing Limited
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bhanjanagar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.