Babe Rainbow (musician)
|Genres||Indie (music), Hip Hop, Electronic music, Ambient music, Experimental music, Instrumental, Downtempo, Dubstep|
|Associated acts||Grimes, How To Dress Well, G-Side, CFCF, Clams Casino|
Babe Rainbow is the moniker of Canadian musician and record producer Cameron Reed. Reed has released two records as Babe Rainbow on the UK-based Warp Records, "Shaved EP" in 2010 and "Endless Path EP" in 2011. Mixing the genres of ambient, hip-hop, and experimental noise, Babe Rainbow creates "overcast, suffocating sonic landscapes" that's been described as "like living in a haunted house".
In addition to providing official remixes for artists such as Grimes, Midnight Juggernauts, and Jokers of the Scene, Reed is known to produce hip hop beats for up-and-coming rappers and regularly release free EPs of demos and works-in-progress.
- "Babe Rainbow discography at Discogs.com".
- "Pitchfork Review | Babe Rainbow, Shaved EP".
- "The Fader: Let Me Buy U, Anne Drank Vol. 2".
- "Babe Rainbow Winds Down 'Endless Path' With 'Chopped and Screwed' Beats".
- "Exclaim: Babe Rainbow 'One Morning' (beat tape)".
- "How to Dress Well Announces North American Dates, Nabs Babe Rainbow, Aaron Read as Live Backing Band".
- "Music Waste aims to make Vancouver fun again".