|Headquarters||New York, U.S.|
|Revenue||US$ 71 million (2011) |
AppSense Inc is a privately held company providing user virtualization technology. AppSense has a US headquarters in New York City and a UK headquarters in Warrington, England. The company also has offices in London, Munich, Melbourne, Amsterdam, Paris and Oslo, and a technology center in Santa Clara, California. AppSense is used by over 4,000 companies worldwide including JPMorgan Chase, Lowe's, United Airlines and ESPN. Customers in central Europe include Allianz, Lufthansa, Daimler AG and Landesbank Baden-Württemberg.
AppSense was founded in 1996 by serial entrepreneur, Charles Sharland. Originally based in Warrington, England, in 2010 AppSense opened a US headquarters in New York City and a technology center in San Jose, California, which moved to Santa Clara, California, then to Sunnyvale, California. The U.S. Technology and Development center for AppSense, Inc. is currently located in Sunnyvale, California
AppSense is a founding member of the Citrix Ready program and is a Tier 2 vendor; Wyse is the only other company in this tier. Tier 2 vendors directly enable revenue contribution by developing products that enhance Citrix’s solutions. In 2009, AppSense sold one million licenses for Citrix environments.
In 2010, AppSense joined the Microsoft System Center Alliance and was named a Microsoft High Potential Managed Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partner. In April 2011, AppSense was elevated to a Managed ISV Partner by Microsoft.
AppSense is a VMware VDI partner and part of the VMware Technology Software Alliance Program. At VMworld 2009 AppSense was awarded Gold in the Best Desktop Virtualization category for AppSense Environment Manager 8.0.
AppSense User Virtualization Platform provides complete policy and personalization management, application entitlement and system resource entitlement across all desktop and application delivery mechanisms.
New embankments involve pushing ahead in the mobile application management space with Mobile Now and data management with Data Now on mobile devices which are often linked with Bring your own device initiatives.
- Alistair Houghton (10 August 2011). "Profile: Tech firm AppSense looks to growth". Liverpool Daily Post. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Nathalie Pierrepont (24 July 2012). "AppSense: We Could Be The Next VMware". TheStreet, Inc. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Ari Levy (23 February 2011). "Goldman Sachs Boosts Web Wager With $70 Million AppSense Stake". Bloomberg. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Citrix Ready Partners". Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Vicky Pomarico (11 May 2010). "AppSense named the Citrix Ready 2010 Solution of the Year Winner". Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Robin Wauters (18 May 2011). "AppSense Now A Microsoft Managed Partner". Virtualization.com. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Andy Dornan (26 May 2011). "Cisco, AppSense Partner On Virtualization". InformationWeek. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Bridget Botelho (2 September 2009). "Virtualization innovators vie for Best of VMworld 2009 Awards". TechTarget. Retrieved 29 July 2012.