Andrew Brown (outfielder)
|New York Mets – No. 47|
September 10, 1984 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|June 12, 2011 for the St. Louis Cardinals|
(through May 11, 2013)
|Runs batted in||16|
St. Louis Cardinals
During the 2012 season, Brown appeared in 46 games for the Rockies, batting .232 with 5 home runs and 11 runs batted in. On the final day of the regular season, Brown was ejected by umpire Mark Ripperger for arguing that he had been by a pitch that was instead ruled a foul ball.
New York Mets
On January 2, 2013 he signed a minor league contract with the New York Mets, that contained an invitation to spring training. He started the season in AAA with the Las Vegas 51s and was called up to the majors on May 3, 2013.
- "Cardinals bring up OF Brown, put OF Craig on DL". USA Today. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Links, Zach (9 October 2011). "Cardinals Designate Andrew Brown For Assignment". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben (12 October 2011). "Rockies Claim Andrew Brown". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- Andrew Brown Statistics and History. Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved October 26, 2012
- Ejection 178: Mark Ripperger (1). CloseCallSports. Retrieved 26, 2012.
- Mets Sign Andrew Brown
- Gleeman, Aaron. "Mets demote Collin Cowgill to minors, add Andrew Brown". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)