|Stable release||3.4 / August 10, 2012|
|Type||Content management system, content management framework|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Ametys is a free and open source content management system (CMS) written in Java. It is based on JSR-170 for content storage,Open Social  for gadget rendering and a XML oriented framework. It is primarily designed to run large corporate websites, blogs, intranets and extranets on the same server.
Ametys was created in 2003 by Web and Java passionated experts and was then ported to the level of a professional open source CMS by Anyware Services (headquarters in France) in 2009.
Since 2005 and deployments of Ametys in higher education, specific components for uPortal and Jasig projects were developed. Ametys evolved through the collaboration of the community of developers, users and integrators.
Ametys 3.4 was released in August 2012 and saw several improvements and new functionality including new plugins as UGC, glossary, FAQ, and blog management. It also included new practices of Social web.
Ametys is primarily used by large companies and public institutions. Ametys users include :
- Industrial companies - Namely Pharmaceuticals company websites using Ametys according to Wappalyzer
- Higher education - Ametys is deployed in more than 20 universities in France like Paris Sorbonne University
- Public administration stakeholders - Direction des Journaux Officiels
The official Ametys site provides a list of users: Ametys CMS References
Ametys comes with many features :
- Multi-site and multilingual platform
- Front-end editing
- RSS feed support
- Document library manager, Alfresco and other document library integration
- LDAP Integration
- Website Tools : comments feed, Share buttons, Twitter feed integration, OpenSocial gadgets
- Blogs and wikis
- Newsletter management
- Web Form management
- Online survey management
- "Ask the community and JCR". Michael Marth. 01-16-2008.
- "List of OpenSocial Containers". Jonathan LeBlanc.
- "Ametys is used by more than 30 000 websites". Press. 03-5-2012.
- "Ametys Project on ohloh.net". http://www.ohloh.net/.
- "Content Management in uPortal-JASIG Conference 2010". Slideshare. Thierry Koscielniak. 03-8-2010.