|This article relies on references to primary sources. (November 2012)|
American Chillers and Michigan Chillers are a series of books written by author Johnathan Rand. The series started in February 2000 as a Michigan-only series and expanded to a national focus in December 2001 with "Michigan Mega-Monsters". According to the author, the American Chillers book series will continue through all fifty states.
List of American Chillers Books
- #1 Michigan Mega-Monsters (2001): 3 kids are at a summer camp full of monsters.
- #2 Ogres of Ohio (2002): A brother and a sister find magical artifacts and must keep them safe from ogres who will use them to destroy the world.
- #3 Florida Fog Phantoms (2002): 3 children must escape a cloud of fog or be stuck in it forever.
- #4 New York Ninjas (2002): A magical mask must be protected by three friends, or else the world will be destroyed by a group of ghost ninjas.
- #5 Terrible Tractors of Texas (2002): Farm equipment comes to life and attempts to destroy a boy and his cousin on a farm.
- #6 Invisible Iguanas of Illinois (2002)
- #7 Werewolves of Wisconsin (2002)A group of friends discover werewolves are real with help of a librarian
- #8 Minnesota Mall Mannequins (2003)Aliens take over mannequins to take over the world
- #9 Iron Insects Invade Indiana (2003): An angry toy maker wants revenge on a rival by framing him for the destruction of Indiana at by an army of robotic locusts.
- #10 Missouri Madhouse (2003): Three kids who step into a supposedly haunted house late at night may never come out thanks to a boy who died years and years ago.
- #11 Poisonous Pythons Paralyze Pennsylvania (2003): Three teens must survive one night in the wilderness with the worlds deadliest snake on the loose.
- #12 Dangerous Dolls of Delaware (2003): The doll that belonged to a ghostly child may help her dead spirit have revenge on an innocent young girl.
- #13 Virtual Vampires of Vermont (2004): Unless two young video game addicts can stop them, an army of vampires from a video game could escape into reality.
- #14 Creepy Condors of California (2004): A movie becomes all too real for two kids as they find a movie studio in the Californian woods.
- #15 Nebraska Nightcrawlers (2004): Three friends meet a man who is attempting to make Night crawlers bigger. They think its good, until the Night crawlers grow as long as buses and pose a threat to human lives.
- #16 Alien Androids Assault Arizona (2005): Aliens disguised as normal people are going to conquer the Earth if two friends don't get in the way.
- #17 South Carolina Sea Creatures (2005): A boy places a toy similar to Sea Monkeys in water mixed with fertilizer. The toy grows to be a very large, very aggressive, semi aquatic monster.
- #18 Washington Wax Museum (2006): A group of robbers will take thousands of dollars in artwork if three kids on a field trip don't stop them in time. (Note that although the events in the previous book were never mentioned, the main character was a side character in South Carolina Sea Creatures.)
- #19 North Dakota Night Dragons (2006): A group of friends have to stop Dragons from conquering a fantasy world, as well as ours.
- #20 Mutant Mammoths of Montana (2007): A brother and sister on a camping trip in the Montana wilderness soon discover a herd of aggressive subterranean mammoths that evolved after the ice age.
- #21 Terrifying Toys of Tennessee (November 15, 2007): Three friends must help a toy maker whose experimentation with a new type of battery turned his toys into monsters.
- #22 Nuclear Jellyfish of New Jersey (2007): After a kid sees a UFO over a resort, giant, mutant, laser shooting Jellyfish destroy a water park. (Note that although the events in the last book are never mentioned, the main character was a character in Terrifying Toys of Tennessee.
- #23 Wicked Velociraptors of West Virginia (February 28, 2008)
- #24 Haunting in New Hampshire (May 1, 2008)
- #25 Mississippi Megalodon (December 28, 2008)
- #26 Oklahoma Outbreak (January 28, 2009)A curse of the cooties spread with no cure.
- #27 Kentucky Komodo Dragons (May 28, 2009)
- #28 Curse of the Connecticut Coyotes (August 24, 2010) A silly curse from an old witch becomes reality.
- #29 Oregon Oceanauts (2010)
- #30 Vicious Vacuums of Virginia (2010) Vacuums come to life!
- #31 The Nevada Nightmare Novel (November 8, 2011) A novel comes to life.
- #32 Idaho Ice Beast (December 15, 2011)
- #33 Monster Mosquitoes of Maine (February 15, 2012) Mosquitoes grow to enormous sizes and attack Maine!
- #34 Savage Dinosaurs of South Dakota (May 15, 2012)
- #35 Maniac Martians Marooned in Massachusetts (September 1 2012)
- #36 Carnivorous Crickets of Colorado (October 27 2012)
- #37 The Underground Undead Of Utah (March 28, - April 5, 2013)
- #38 The Wicked Waterpark Of Wyoming.
- #39 Angry Army Ants Ambush Alabama ".
List of Michigan Chillers Books
- #1 Mayhem on Mackinac Island (2000): A brother and sister on vacation on Mackinac Island discover a fantasy world, and must defeat an evil sorcerer in order to escape.
- #2 Terror Stalks Traverse City (2000): A kid with a magic kit summons a monster from a drawing that could destroy the city.
- #3 Poltergeists of Petoskey (2000): Two kids must find a way to get a poltergeist out of their home, before they themselves become poltergeists.
- #4 Aliens Attack Alpena (2000): Two friends must fight a hostile race of aliens that could destroy the planet.
- #5 Gargoyles of Gaylord (2000): After gargoyles escape their dark underground world, two kids and their neighbor must find them and put them back.
- #6 Strange Spirits of St. Ignace (2000)
- #7 Kreepy Klowns of Kalamazoo (2000)2 children go to the carnival but find something strange about the clowns which are androiding robots
- #8 Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit (2001): A time window opens, which allows a kid to get a dinosaur egg from the past. Only a pack of tyrannosaurus-Rex follow him through the time gate, and will not rest until the egg if found, no matter how many people will be killed.
- #9 Sinister Spiders of Saginaw (2001)
- #10 Mackinaw City Mummies (2001)
- #11Great Lakes Ghost Ship (2005): Three kids must escape a ghost ship, or stay on forever with zombies but ends up being a prank
- #12 Au Sable Alligators (2005): For some bizarre reason, there seem to be alligators in a river in Michigan, and two kids must find out why before someone gets hurt.
- #13 Gruesome Ghouls of Grand Rapids (2007): After some ghouls escape their prison within the Earth, a group of kids must put them back.
- #14 Bionic Bats of Bay City (2008): One night, late at night, mutated bats are unleashed upon a small town.
- #15 Calumet Copper Creatures (2011)
- #16 Catastrophe in Caseville (July 2013)
The American Chillers and the Michigan Chillers series both got new covers to commemorate the series' anniversary in 2005. These are not as shiny as the old covers and feature computer animated drawings with a more modern look. The new covers are by cover artist Samuel Davis.